AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Analytics
5.7K members online now
5.7K members online now
Learn how to set up goals and Ecommerce tracking, verify accuracy of attribution traffic sources, and discuss funnel visualization, Multi-Channel Funnels, the Goal Flow Report, and Enhanced Ecommerce

Guide Me
star_border

Revenue Participation Metric

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hello all! 

A metric I used regularly when reporting out of Adobe Analytics was revenue participation (or any kind of participation for that matter.) I dearly miss it now that we're only working with Google Analytics. Anyone have an idea on the Calculated Metric setup to make this function work in GA? Or another way I can pull this information? 

https://marketing.adobe.com/resources/help/en_US/reference/metrics_participation.html

Thanks!

Badged Google Partner
# 2
Badged Google Partner

Do I have the gist of the Adobe report right: A user clicks on an ad, then continues to refine their search on site, eventually making a purchase. The report then coordinates the search query data pre-click, to the onsite query data post-click, and attributes revenue to some other search term in the advertising campaign which may not have actually generated any traffic or revenue.

Tom

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Tom - 

Essentially what Rev. participation shows is the conversion value attributed to each page on your website that someone touched. IE: 

User journey: 

Home page --> promo page 1 --> promo page 2 --> promo page 1 --> Cart --> Conversion worth $150 

In that journey, revenue participation for each page would be $150 

Home: $150 

Promo Page 1: $150 

Promo Page 2: $150 

Cart: $150 

Conversion page: $150 

Not sure if there is a way to have this sort of revenue attribution per page in GA.