Analytics
1.9K members online now
1.9K members online now
Learn how to set up goals and Ecommerce tracking, verify accuracy of attribution traffic sources, and discuss funnel visualization, Multi-Channel Funnels, the Goal Flow Report, and Enhanced Ecommerce

Guide Me
star_border

Reporting on Affiliation

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi guys!

Today, we are reporting on conversions using Events, having the conversion in Category, and we use Label to distinguish which shop the conversion belongs to. The shop is picked up through a hidden field in the source code .

However, as we have sampling issues when using events, I am looking at the possibility of implementing Ecommerce, and report on shops using the Affiliation Dimension. 

I attempted to create the following report:

Dimensions: Affiliation - Product

Metrics: Quantity - Transaction

However for Quantity I get zero value, and I can't use the metric 'Transaction'. 

My question is the following: Is there a way to use Ecommerce and report on both number of conversions and see which shop these conversions are coming from?

Best,

Andreas

Re: Reporting on Affiliation

Top Contributor Alumni
# 2
Top Contributor Alumni
Hi
You should be able to get report with dimension as affiliate and metric as transaction and another report which will have product and quantity. You can not club quantity and affiliation together , Transations and Product together as they are different level dimensions / metrics.
Hope this helps
Regards, Nik
LinkedIn  |   @nikhilparachure | My Blog

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Hi Nik

Thanks for getting back to me. I understand.

So there is no way for me to report on a specific conversion types, sorted by shops, using ecommerce?

Regards,
Andreas

Top Contributor Alumni
# 4
Top Contributor Alumni
Hi
I am sure there is a wayy, Can you please elaborate more about your set up what are diffrent shops etc?
Regards, Nik
LinkedIn  |   @nikhilparachure | My Blog

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Hey Nik
When completing a purchase, a shop is affiliated with the purchase.

In the source code of the purchase we are picking up the following information: <input type="hidden" name="shop" value="1280"/>. The 'shop' is the name of the shop, and the value is the shop nr. The shop is identified by the page that the sub-domain the user was previously visiting.

For example: User visits www.shopXXX.com -> Chooses Product -> Enters www.purchase.com

As of now, we are solving this by picking up this information in Events, through GTM. However I want to pick up this same information on Conversion type and shop, using Ecommerce.

Please note that I am not very adept in the techinical aspect of this, so bear with me here.

Regards,
Andreas