Analytics
4.5K members online now
4.5K members online now
Learn how to set up goals and Ecommerce tracking, verify accuracy of attribution traffic sources, and discuss funnel visualization, Multi-Channel Funnels, the Goal Flow Report, and Enhanced Ecommerce

Guide Me
star_border

Report a group of Websites

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

If I add multiple websites that we manage. Can I group them and create a report using GA? or the reports are only for each website?

So If anyone is familiar with GWT. There used to be only a report by a single property. Now it is possible to create a set of properties and collect data from all the websites that you want. I would like to know if this kind of group report is possible in GA.

Thanks.

Dani. 

1 Expert replyverified_user
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Poland S
August 2016

Re: Report a group of Websites

Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
# 2
Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
Hi
May need to re-clarify question if i am getting it off base but hope this helps.
Yes you can have GA track just one site
AND Yes you can have GA track a 'roll-up' of multiple sites
if you use Universal GA then you can i.e. have a .co.uk site and a separate .com site or two .com sites whatever it is and each have their own unique GA code.
YOU can also have a separate GA code that you put on both/all your web properties and then you can see them as a combined GA
you may wish to add a setting that forces the whole domain name into your GA reporting so that you can determine which URL is being reported on in something like 'landing pages' etc.

is that what you were asking for?

View solution in original post

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Poland S
August 2016

Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
# 2
Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
Hi
May need to re-clarify question if i am getting it off base but hope this helps.
Yes you can have GA track just one site
AND Yes you can have GA track a 'roll-up' of multiple sites
if you use Universal GA then you can i.e. have a .co.uk site and a separate .com site or two .com sites whatever it is and each have their own unique GA code.
YOU can also have a separate GA code that you put on both/all your web properties and then you can see them as a combined GA
you may wish to add a setting that forces the whole domain name into your GA reporting so that you can determine which URL is being reported on in something like 'landing pages' etc.

is that what you were asking for?

Rising Star
# 3
Rising Star
Hi Dani,

@David C is right, you're describing Analytics 360s Roll-Up reporting that aggregates multiple properties.
https://support.google.com/analytics/answer/6096167?hl=en

BUT if you're not a user of GA 360 and don't plan on becoming one you can create a property that collects cross-domain data BUT BE WARNED ... there are many downsides to this like:
(1) Limited number of sessions you can handle.
(2) Complications and possible of errors with cross-domain tracking.
(3) If you're doing this for a client it can cause many issues in the future.

Let me know if this helps!
Joshua, Rising Star
Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Yes, thank you very much for your help

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Thank you for your information, I appreciate it

Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
# 6
Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆

Good points @Joshua R 

multi domain can get really tricky

unless you know what you are doing better to get someone who does

- make sure they can demonstrate where they have done it for someone else to be certain.