AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Analytics
3.8K members online now
3.8K members online now
Learn how to set up goals and Ecommerce tracking, verify accuracy of attribution traffic sources, and discuss funnel visualization, Multi-Channel Funnels, the Goal Flow Report, and Enhanced Ecommerce

Guide Me
star_border

Repeat purchase rate within 4 weeks

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hello,

I'm trying to get the repeat purchase rate within 4 weeks. I just made a segment and added in 'Behavior' 'Days since last session' 28 days, and in the 'conditions' I added 'Transactions' 'By user' ≥2.

I haven't the right numbers now...

What's wrong?

Nick

1 Expert replyverified_user

Rising Star
# 2
Rising Star

Nick,

Days since last session at 28 is going to give you exactly that.  Users that spent 28 days from session to session. What about those that purchased twice in 5 days or 10 days.  

Just drop the days since last session from your segment and set your date range for 28 days.

Or this may work for you:

https://analytics.google.com/analytics/web/template?uid=OHIQ5jwaTNmKrLnD2IOyBw

Best,

Theo Bennett

Analytics Evangelist at MoreVisibility | Contact Me
Connect on LinkedIn

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Theo,

Thank you so much. There's only one thing I don't understand: the conversion rate for e-commerce is 65,24% for that 'repeat customers' segment in my companies case. Why isn't it 100%? They have just fulfilled both conditions...

Nick

Rising Star
# 4
Rising Star

Hey Nick, 

Conversion rate is session based and it's a user based segment.  The users don't convert on every session.   Smiley Happy

Best,

Theo

Analytics Evangelist at MoreVisibility | Contact Me
Connect on LinkedIn