Analytics
2.6K members online now
2.6K members online now
Learn how to set up goals and Ecommerce tracking, verify accuracy of attribution traffic sources, and discuss funnel visualization, Multi-Channel Funnels, the Goal Flow Report, and Enhanced Ecommerce

Guide Me
star_border

Removing Test Conversions

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I have two sites that use goals for tracking newsletter sign ups, webinar sign ups, contact us, etc. It is not an ecommerce site. My conversions don't match up to actual leads because we have a number of test conversions (team members filling out the forms to test them). Is there a way to reverse these or have them not count in analytics so that my conversion tracking is more accurate?

1 Expert replyverified_user

Rising Star
# 2
Rising Star

Hi Manderson,

Once the data is processed, it's in there and you cannot take it out. 

I recommend that you create a new view and apply a filter to remove your internal traffic, either by IP or by service provider (if possible). 

https://support.google.com/analytics/answer/1034840?hl=en

Best,

Theo Bennett

Analytics Evangelist at MoreVisibility | Contact Me
Connect on LinkedIn

Re: Removing Test Conversions

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Thanks - the problem is we all work virtually so the IPs are all over the
world - I can add them all as filters. Thanks for the advice.

Rising Star
# 4
Rising Star

yikes..  well then you can use custom campaigns for testing and have them excluded from the view with a filter. 

e.g. rather than navigating to example.com, you could go to example.com?utm_source=test&utm_medium=test&utm_campaign=test   ... in your view settings you would doa custom filter and exclude campaign source and the pattern would be test.

You only need to do this once and as long as you use the same device and browser and don't come back from referrals, organic search, ads, or anything else with utm Params, you can just, after that first visit (and until you delete cookies) key in example.com and the test params will be preserved.   Smiley Happy

Best,

Theo

Best,

Theo Bennett

Analytics Evangelist at MoreVisibility | Contact Me
Connect on LinkedIn