Analytics
2.2K members online now
2.2K members online now
Learn how to set up goals and Ecommerce tracking, verify accuracy of attribution traffic sources, and discuss funnel visualization, Multi-Channel Funnels, the Goal Flow Report, and Enhanced Ecommerce

Guide Me
star_border

Remarketing if users visit a specific website or URL?

Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
# 1
Follower ✭ ✭ ☆

Hello,

Is it possible to create a new 'Audience' in a Google Analytics property based on users that have visited a specific external website or URL? e.g. If a user to my website has previously visited the contact page of my competitor website, then add them to the list.

I want to then import this list into Adwords for remarketing.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Christian G
June

Badged Google Partner
# 2
Badged Google Partner

No, for a remarketing list, you can only create lists using data parameters available from your Analytics tag...pages viewed, time on site, number of visits, etc.

Custom Audiences are about as close as you can get to that.  You create a Display campaign audience using competitor urls and Google will create an audience that is similar to the online makeup of the people visiting those pages.  Most likely, you will need to add 7-10 urls, so adding 1 or 2 competitors Thank You page won't work.

View solution in original post

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Christian G
June

Badged Google Partner
# 2
Badged Google Partner

No, for a remarketing list, you can only create lists using data parameters available from your Analytics tag...pages viewed, time on site, number of visits, etc.

Custom Audiences are about as close as you can get to that.  You create a Display campaign audience using competitor urls and Google will create an audience that is similar to the online makeup of the people visiting those pages.  Most likely, you will need to add 7-10 urls, so adding 1 or 2 competitors Thank You page won't work.

Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
# 3
Follower ✭ ✭ ☆

Hi Kyle,

Thanks for the response.

Just so I',m clear then, it's not possible to remarket to your website audience based on them having previously visited a single specific competitor website or URL?

Participant ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Participant ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi,

Yes it is not possible.

Thanks

Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
# 5
Follower ✭ ✭ ☆

Ok thanks for clarifying.