Analytics
4.6K members online now
4.6K members online now
Learn how to set up goals and Ecommerce tracking, verify accuracy of attribution traffic sources, and discuss funnel visualization, Multi-Channel Funnels, the Goal Flow Report, and Enhanced Ecommerce

Guide Me
star_border

Regular Expressions at the goal funnel steps

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi, I had two goals with same destinations url eg thank-you

One goal is signup via website,

another goal is signup via email with 3 web pages unique to this goal.

But both goals shared the same destination url despite funnels are different. I had selected the "Required" option for second goal via email but is not working well because from the source/media, we can see some of them are from emails which are correct but some are from website which are not supposed to be counted.

Re: Regular Expressions at the goal funnel steps

A T
Participant ✭ ✭ ✭
# 2
A T
Participant ✭ ✭ ✭

For Funnel steps GA suggests: << Use an app screen name string or a web page URL for each step. For example, use My Screen for an app and /thankyou.htmlinstead of www.example.com/thankyou.html for a web page. >>

I doubt if it uses/accounts for query params in the url.

Looks like your both goals are almost same except the difference of 'required' setting.

2 cents from my end:

Create an identical landing page for signups via emails with different name and that should do the trick.

Re: Regular Expressions at the goal funnel steps

[ Edited ]
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I also feel that creating identical landing page with different name will do the trick but this request is not accepted by our developer for some reasons hence I am trying to make it work out at Goal settings. Both of them are web pages hence app screen name string is not applicable.