AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Analytics
1.9K members online now
1.9K members online now
Learn how to set up goals and Ecommerce tracking, verify accuracy of attribution traffic sources, and discuss funnel visualization, Multi-Channel Funnels, the Goal Flow Report, and Enhanced Ecommerce

Guide Me
star_border

Regular Expressions at the goal funnel steps

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi, I had two goals with same destinations url eg thank-you

One goal is signup via website,

another goal is signup via email with 3 web pages unique to this goal.

But both goals shared the same destination url despite funnels are different. I had selected the "Required" option for second goal via email but is not working well because from the source/media, we can see some of them are from emails which are correct but some are from website which are not supposed to be counted.

Re: Regular Expressions at the goal funnel steps

A T
Participant ✭ ✭ ✭
# 2
A T
Participant ✭ ✭ ✭

For Funnel steps GA suggests: << Use an app screen name string or a web page URL for each step. For example, use My Screen for an app and /thankyou.htmlinstead of www.example.com/thankyou.html for a web page. >>

I doubt if it uses/accounts for query params in the url.

Looks like your both goals are almost same except the difference of 'required' setting.

2 cents from my end:

Create an identical landing page for signups via emails with different name and that should do the trick.

Re: Regular Expressions at the goal funnel steps

[ Edited ]
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I also feel that creating identical landing page with different name will do the trick but this request is not accepted by our developer for some reasons hence I am trying to make it work out at Goal settings. Both of them are web pages hence app screen name string is not applicable.