Analytics
2K members online now
2K members online now
Learn how to set up goals and Ecommerce tracking, verify accuracy of attribution traffic sources, and discuss funnel visualization, Multi-Channel Funnels, the Goal Flow Report, and Enhanced Ecommerce

Guide Me
star_border

Registration goal - tracking dynamic URLs

[ Edited ]
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi All,

I'm looking to track users that have successfully registered on my website.   The finished URL looks something like the below...  but it includes uniques ids for each user in the URL string.

https://www.examplewebsite.co.uk/applyforaccount.php?verify=6f109aceca7c9d8194427bb30311f8fe&verid=3055887&email=y

Here's my attempt  which doesn't seem to work...   \/applyforaccount.php\?verify=.{32}&verid=.{7}&email=y

I'm unsure if I even need to use regular expression or not? 

Many thanks,

Adam

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Registration goal - tracking dynamic URLs

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor
Hi Adam,

You can set it up like Begins with: /applyforaccount.php if that part is common for all URLs and the other parameters do not matter in the goal completion. Let me know if you have questions.

Arnold Majlath, Google Analytics Top Contributor
Was my response helpful? If yes, please accept it as solution.
Circle Me On Google+ | Visit me @ Redfly Digital

Re: Registration goal - tracking dynamic URLs

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Hi Arnold,

Thanks for the reply! /applyforaccount.php is registration page, but I wanted to track completed registrations.

\/applyforaccount.php\?verify=.{32}&verid=.{7}\&email=y seems to be working... I'll see if it kicks back any results in a few days Smiley Happy