Analytics
2.1K members online now
2.1K members online now
Learn how to set up goals and Ecommerce tracking, verify accuracy of attribution traffic sources, and discuss funnel visualization, Multi-Channel Funnels, the Goal Flow Report, and Enhanced Ecommerce

Guide Me
star_border

Region ID not correlating with goal completions

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I built a custom report showing the region id (zip code) as the dimension and the metrics are a number of form completions I have on a one of my clients websites. I noticed that the regions GA was showing didn't correlate at all with the physical location of the business. I tested this report on another client's GA account whose business is located in a completely different region of the country and the goal completions originating from the region IDs for this second business are roughly the same as the first. Neither business is located near the Region ID zips that GA is giving back to me. All of the region IDs that are displayed in this report begin with 211 (21171, 21167, 21141) and when I typed those zips into Google it says these locations are in Mexico. Does anyone else see anything like this or know the proper fix?

1 Expert replyverified_user

Region ID not correlating with goal completions

Rising Star
# 2
Rising Star

Hi Jared,

Geographical Criteria ID is actually an AdWords identifier and not a zip code.

You can however use data import to tie in additional criteria.  I wrote a white paper on how to do this recently using County; and since it's about 30 pages I won't replicate here.   You can download here:

http://www.morevisibility.com/resources/white-papers/a-guide-to-adding-county-data-to-google-analyti...

(Fair warning, this is a gated form that will require some personal information.  If you just want the data file to upload, it's available on the landing page.)

Best,

Theo Bennett

Analytics Evangelist at MoreVisibility | Contact Me
Connect on LinkedIn