Analytics
5.1K members online now
5.1K members online now
Learn how to set up goals and Ecommerce tracking, verify accuracy of attribution traffic sources, and discuss funnel visualization, Multi-Channel Funnels, the Goal Flow Report, and Enhanced Ecommerce

Guide Me
star_border

Regex for subdomain goal funnel page

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi! We have a master view that includes both our subdomain and root domain traffic. I've set up REGEX destination goals for each of the 6 different unique and static Thank You page URLs on our subdomain, and GA is capturing the quantity of conversions just fine. However, the steps/pages in the goal funnel are not being captured in the GA funnel visualization report, and I think it's because the funnel steps are on the subdomain (as opposed to the root domain), and not in REGEX.

Is it possible to write this URI in REGEX, so that I can input this subdomain page as a goal funnel step? /request-a-quote/air-freight-forwarding-1 

The full url is: solutions.oiaglobal.com/request-a-quote/air-freight-forwarding-1  This is the only page with that URI, so there is no danger of capturing false data, as long as the full "/request-a-quote/air-freight-forwarding-1" URI is required, as we have other similar but not identical funnel steps for other goals, such as "/request-a-quote/global-packaging-1"

Any help is greatly appreciated - thank you! 

Participant ✭ ✭ ✭
# 2
Participant ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi,

I went through your funnel steps and figured out that you're using this kind of URLs:

Step one: http://solutions.oiaglobal.com/request-a-quote/air-freight-forwarding-1
Step two: http://solutions.oiaglobal.com/request-a-quote/air-freight-forwarding-2
Step three: http://solutions.oiaglobal.com/request-a-quote/air-freight-forwarding-3

Thank you page: http://solutions.oiaglobal.com/request-a-quote/air-freight-forwarding/thank-you

If you'd like to create a funnel, you'll need to use this kind of settings:

Goal type -> Destination

Destination -> Regular Expression -> request-a-quote/air-freight-forwarding/thank-you

Funnel -> ON

Funnel settings:
Step 1: request-a-quote/air-freight-forwarding-1

Step 2: request-a-quote/air-freight-forwarding-2

Step 3: request-a-quote/air-freight-forwarding-3

Hopefully, I understood it correctly.

Looking forward to hearing from you.
Taavi

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi Taavi,

Thank you very much for taking the time to go through our funnel. Unfortunately, that's exactly how I have the Air Freight Request-a-Quote funnel set up right now (with Step 1 actually being /request-a-quote, and "not required", but the rest of your steps are correct). GA correctly captures a goal completion when you reach the "Destination -> Regular Expression -> request-a-quote/air-freight-forwarding/thank-you page." However, it does not capture the steps in the funnel, and I think that it's because the funnel steps are not written in Regular Expression, so Google Analytics sees those funnel steps as www.oiaglobal.com/en/request-a-quote/air-freight-forwarding-1 instead of solutions.oiaglobal.com/request-a-quote/air-freight-forwarding-1

Do you know how to tell Google Analytics that each of the pages in the funnel are on the solutions.oiaglobal.com subdomain, and not on the www.oiaglobal.com root domain? I believe that is the problem, but I could be wrong.

Regards,

Darragh

Re: Regex for subdomain goal funnel page

[ Edited ]
Participant ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Participant ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi Darragh,

Have you configured this kind of filter?

If you haven't done it, there should be no difference - use a subdomain or not.

If you're using "Destination -> Regular Expression -> request-a-quote/air-freight-forwarding/thank-you" then this regular expression should apply to all the steps in your funnel as well (doesn't matter if you're using a subdomain or not), it's just the page path that matters.

By the way, you've installed two Google Analytics codes on your website - it's causing double tracking. I highly recommend removing one of them.

duplicate.png

If you submit the form there's one more page between like this: solutions.oiaglobal.com/request-a-quote/air-freight-forwarding-1-0?submissionGuid=6412a00a-a64c-4c74-809d-692cc59a9f02

Go through your funnel and take a look. If you're chosen "not required" it technically shouldn't have an impact.

Test it out once again and let us know how it goes.
Taavi

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi Taavi,

Yes I have the full URL filter in place on our master view. Thank you very much for pointing out that there are duplicate GA tracking codes on our page, I had no idea! I am going to fix that tomorrow morning.

Regarding the additional page, that is just a placeholder page that allows HubSpot 3 seconds to collect the data from the first page, tag the browser with a cookie, and ensure the contact's email address is pulled into the next page. If someone has cookies disabled, each page will prompt for a required email address, to ensure the full 3-page form is attributed to the correct contact and email address.

The 1st page is set to "not required" in the funnel. For some reason it looks like GA has magically decided to start collecting the funnel data though! I'm not sure if it was a matter of time or if I made a change that I don't remember, but I think it is working now. I've just submitted a test "Materials Sourcing" form via my phone (we have an internal traffic filter in place), and I'll let you know if this has been resolved or not. For some reason, it seems to take GA a little while to capture funnel and goal data. I also set up a second view that only captures HubSpot subdomain traffic, so I will use that to cross-reference the results I see in our master view.

Thank you so very much for your help!

Regards,

Darragh