AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Analytics
3.4K members online now
3.4K members online now
Learn how to set up goals and Ecommerce tracking, verify accuracy of attribution traffic sources, and discuss funnel visualization, Multi-Channel Funnels, the Goal Flow Report, and Enhanced Ecommerce

Guide Me
star_border

Referral eCommerce sales within a conversion window?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

The subject line for this might be confusing but what I want is this:

How do I create a referral campaign link to track eCommerce sales made within 30 days of the click?

eg. I want to know how much money was generated based off of Red T-Shirt sales within 30 days of clicking my banner ad. 

Not 30 days from an objectively set calendar date, but 30 days from when my perpetually running advertisement is accessed by a user.

I know AdWords has Conversion Windows, but I'm not using AdWords for this - it's an advertisement placed directly through a partnering website.

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Referral eCommerce sales within a conversion window?

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor
If you have tagged the link in the banner leading to your site you can check Multi Channel Funnels report under Conversions.
Default lookback window is 30 days and you can also check if your banner assisted in other conversions
--
To make bad day worse, spend it wishing for the impossible

Antti Nylund, Google Analytics Top Contributor
Did my answer solve your issue? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Otherwise keep on asking.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Thank you for the response!

Is that 30 day lookback window unique per-sale? Or is it a 30 day lookback from whatever calendar date I'm accessing the report?

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor
I think it is from the current date. So all the cookies that are under 30 days old.
--
To make bad day worse, spend it wishing for the impossible

Antti Nylund, Google Analytics Top Contributor
Did my answer solve your issue? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Otherwise keep on asking.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
How could I ever derive an accurate number from doing something like that then? Even if I accessed the report every single day and added up the total, it would never be accurate since I wouldn't know which cookie expired when.