Analytics
2.4K members online now
2.4K members online now
Learn how to set up goals and Ecommerce tracking, verify accuracy of attribution traffic sources, and discuss funnel visualization, Multi-Channel Funnels, the Goal Flow Report, and Enhanced Ecommerce

Guide Me
star_border

Redundant Host Names and eCommerce

Badged Google Partner
# 1
Badged Google Partner

An eCommerce client of ours has had the redundant hostnames notification in their analytics account for several months now. Since they are going through a site redesign, I mentioned the issue again to see if this is something they can clear up in the process. I found some articles about fixes, and how to setup the 301 redirect, but I wanted to know more about the effects of this issue on the actual source/medium reporting.

I am far from an expert in this area, but as I understand it the issue has more to do with organic data and referral traffic than anything. My question/concern is that over 10% of the total revenue is reporting from cms.website.com, and this could have something to do with the redundant hostnames.

Can you folks help me better understand the issue, and the potential effects it may have on the data in lay terms?

Is this more of a problem, or just an inconvenience?

Tom

A T
Participant ✭ ✭ ✭
# 2
A T
Participant ✭ ✭ ✭

Badged Google Partner
# 3
Badged Google Partner

Once again... I am very well aware of what the solution is... That is not the question which I asked. 

Tom

A T
Participant ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
A T
Participant ✭ ✭ ✭

Can you folks help me better understand the issue, and the potential effects it may have on the data in lay terms? <<GA reports will show two host names>>

Is this more of a problem, or just an inconvenience? <<Inconvenience>>