2.1K members online now
Learn how to set up goals and Ecommerce tracking, verify accuracy of attribution traffic sources, and discuss funnel visualization, Multi-Channel Funnels, the Goal Flow Report, and Enhanced Ecommerce

Guide Me
star_border

Real time not working

[ Edited ]
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Added GA 48 hours ago to http://gmtfoodshk.com/  and real time is not working.

GA code shows up on EVERY page.

Please help / advise.

Thank you

2 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Real time not working

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor
Hi,

You are tracking the same property twice, you have the tracking code installed using the Yoast Google Analytics Wordpress plugin and the tracking code is added manually to the head tag also. You need to remove one of them to have Google Analytics installed correctly. Other than this tracking is working fine on your site, the data is being sent to Google Analytics.

Sometimes it takes longer than usual for real time to start working, if you are seeing data in the reports then everything is fine. Also check if you have filters set up that might filter out all traffic. Hope this helps.

Arnold Majlath, Google Analytics Top Contributor
Was my response helpful? If yes, please accept it as solution.
Circle Me On Google+ | Visit me @ Redfly Digital

Top Contributor
# 3
Top Contributor
...also, the Yoast plugin has an option to automatically NOT track yourself if you are logged in as the WP Admin at the time.

If you want to test your own website traffic, log out of Wordpress or use a separate browser to test with.
Mike Sullivan, Google Analytics Top Contributor
Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
48 hours later roughly....

Yoast google analytics plugin now disabled.

Testing from different browser that is NOT logged into wordpress.

No filters enabled.

Thank you for the help/advise but realtime still not working.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
72 hours later roughly....

Yoast google analytics plugin has been disabled.

Testing from different browser that is NOT logged into wordpress.

No filters enabled.

Thank you for the help/advise but realtime still not working 72 hours later after changes

Top Contributor
# 6
Top Contributor
Assuming the script on the page has no errors, I have to ask the 'is-it-plugged-in' question: do you have the correct tracking code on the website? I don't mean to be insulting, but I have actually seen a number of people overlook the obvious and their tracking code was changed by someone along the way and was no longer working at all. Others thought the GA account they were using was for the code they had on the site, but they had the wrong account.
Confirm in Admin > PROPERTY > Property Settings that the Tracking Id at the top is the same number that appears in your site (UA-72191719-1).
Note: many people are mislead that their tracking code is working because there are other 'visits' in the reports, but these all turned out to be 'ghost spam' and never actually visited the site.
Mike Sullivan, Google Analytics Top Contributor
Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here.