5.8K members online now
Learn how to set up goals and Ecommerce tracking, verify accuracy of attribution traffic sources, and discuss funnel visualization, Multi-Channel Funnels, the Goal Flow Report, and Enhanced Ecommerce

Guide Me
star_border

Real Time not working

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I added a Google Tag manager tag (gtm.js) to my website (2dejongs.com) about five days ago, in the <body> section. I am not getting any Real Time data. I am getting data in other sections like Audience and Acquisition and Behavior.  

I tested the tags using the Google Tag Assistant Chrome extension, and they seem to work fine.

I haven't set up any filters, I'm just using the All Web Site Data view that was automatically created for me.

I had a friend hit the website so that it didn't come from the same IP address, but still no real time data.

Just today I added a Google Analytics tag (analytics.js) in the <head> section of a sub-page (Mystic Scapes) but I don't see any real time data from that either.

1 Expert replyverified_user
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Susan d
November 2015

Re: Real Time not working

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Thanks Mike S. I will fix the hanging HTML tags.
I also posted the question here - https://www.en.advertisercommunity.com/t5/Reports/Real-time-not-working/td-p/484772#M595 - and got a response that Real-Time isn't always reliable, which leads me to believe that it just isn't working for me. The other reports seem to be working.

View solution in original post

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor
Grasping at a straw here, but properly formatted HTML usually requires closing of the tags, and you tend to leave some of them hanging. Maybe that is having an impact on the javascript execution????
eg.

<link rel="stylesheet" type="text/css" href="../../2dejongs-style.css">

<link rel="stylesheet" type="text/css" href="../../2dejongs-style.css"/> add the slash to the tail end...
Mike Sullivan, Google Analytics Top Contributor
Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here.
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Susan d
November 2015

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Thanks Mike S. I will fix the hanging HTML tags.
I also posted the question here - https://www.en.advertisercommunity.com/t5/Reports/Real-time-not-working/td-p/484772#M595 - and got a response that Real-Time isn't always reliable, which leads me to believe that it just isn't working for me. The other reports seem to be working.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Where do I put this....I use wordpress.org.......I put it in my text by dashboard ?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
My real time isn't working.....and was working fine for the last 3 years.....but I did a complete re-work on my site.....very simple for now....did I miss something ?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 6
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Good morning,
from yesterday we have problem with Real time statistics in Gogle Analytics. They do not work. Our network is translated to IP address 62.77.119.80. When we try it on computer translated to IP address 62.77.119.68, it is working.

Does'nt our network block for real time services?

Thank you for your help

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 7
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
same here. Didnt change a thing, but it just stopped working. The mobile version works, but web doesnt

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 8
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
There is an on going thread here https://www.en.advertisercommunity.com/t5/Account-Access-Management/Can-t-access-my-analytics-in-rea... alot of us have the same problem for 3 days now.
It has even hit the news on related websites.