Analytics
6.4K members online now
6.4K members online now
Learn how to set up goals and Ecommerce tracking, verify accuracy of attribution traffic sources, and discuss funnel visualization, Multi-Channel Funnels, the Goal Flow Report, and Enhanced Ecommerce

Guide Me
star_border

Re-calculate historical conversion data in Google Analytics

[ Edited ]
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

One of my goals is related to conversion. The URL for thank-you page on my site is <siteURL>/thank-you/

I entered the goal earlier as "thank-you/" based on the instructions. For weeks, I saw a 0% conversion rate even though people were submitting the form. Today, I finally fixed it to add a leading "/" as well. The conversion rate seems to be working now.

This is great. But how can I update my historical data to reflect the correct conversion rate?

Help?

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Re-calculate historical conversion data in Google Analytics

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor
Hi,

unfortunately you cannot change historic goal data. You can always export the data into Excel or Sheets and do some analysis there.

Kind regards,
Zorin
Web analyst @ escapestudio.net

Follower ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Follower ✭ ✭ ✭
Hi NewbornPhotos,

as it is unfortunately not possible to add not measured conversions/goal data to an account, I can only recommend you to use annotations (see e.g. http://www.wikihow.com/Use-Annotations-in-Google-Analytics). This will allow you, and all the other who have access to the account, to remember that there is some goal data missing.

My tip: I would ad an annotation per day with a comment how many conversions are missing. That does not restore your data, but you have allways a reminder of the missing data within the account by day. If you or someone else check the data month or years at a later day and is wondering about the low amount of conversions, check the annotations.

Bye. Nils.

Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
# 4
Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
While you cannot restore goal data - you can display the correct values in a dashboard using counts for the page path.

Top Contributor
# 5
Top Contributor
Page path may help indeed yet use unique pageviews instead of pageviews (metric).

Kind regards
Web analyst @ escapestudio.net