AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Analytics
2.6K members online now
2.6K members online now
Learn how to set up goals and Ecommerce tracking, verify accuracy of attribution traffic sources, and discuss funnel visualization, Multi-Channel Funnels, the Goal Flow Report, and Enhanced Ecommerce

Guide Me
star_border

Product Sessions data

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hello,

Our website has several donation forms which have been added as products into google analytics. The form names appear as Product SKUs. Now the problem is I want to show conversion rate by channel for each form. For this I need data of people who made a donation divided by people who viewed the form. The enhanced ecommerce reports don't show any sessions or econversion rate data for individual products. If I try using the sessions data on the page on which the form resides, and then add channels as a secondary dimension, or create segments based on form (product) name, the data becomes heavily sampled. What would be the best way to tackle this?

Thanks

2 Expert replyverified_user

Product Sessions data

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi,

I can't have you the conversion rate but if you create a custom report:

Metrics: Sessions - Unique Purchases

Dimensions: Medium - Product

Does this get you near what you are after?

--
To make bad day worse, spend it wishing for the impossible

Antti Nylund, Google Analytics Top Contributor
Did my answer solve your issue? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Otherwise keep on asking.

Product Sessions data

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi Antti N,

I have tried this before, but GA gives me all zero values for sessions and even conversion rate. Is there any other way?

Thanks,

Product Sessions data

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor

You mean if you create Custom report under Customizations menu that has Dimension: Medium and MetricsSmiley Frustratedessions it gives you 0 sessions? Then something else is wrong...

--

Did my answer solve your issue? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Otherwise keep on asking.

Product Sessions data

Top Contributor
# 5
Top Contributor

Hi,

this can probably be done but outside Google Analytics. For instance you could create a custom report or even better use the GA Google Sheets addon and do 2 queries:

1) Product SKU, Source Medium and use Unique Purchases as the Metric 

2) Source / Medium and Sessions

Create a new sheet where you can basically do the calculation based on product sku in terms of Unique Purchases / Sessions (and to add more granularity add an additional source as secondary dimension). 

You can also try doing it with the transaction ID as the key. 

Hope it helps. 

Kind regards,

Zorin

Web analyst @ escapestudio.net

Product Sessions data

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 6
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi,

I applied an advanced segment that includes only sessions containing product page view for each form. It seems to be working. To avoid sampling, I am using smaller date ranges and then manually aggregate the data.

Thanks all for your help,

Aditya

Thanks

Product Sessions data

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 7
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi,

Yes if i am adding Product as a dimension and sessions as metric, it gives me all zero values. The unique purchase values seem fine though.

Product Sessions data

Top Contributor
# 8
Top Contributor

You have to have medium as 1st dimension and then the drill down 2nd dimension is product.

But good that you got it working with adv. segments

--