Analytics
4.6K members online now
4.6K members online now
Learn how to set up goals and Ecommerce tracking, verify accuracy of attribution traffic sources, and discuss funnel visualization, Multi-Channel Funnels, the Goal Flow Report, and Enhanced Ecommerce

Guide Me
star_border

Product List (Not Set) problem

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

In Google Analystics -> ecommerce -> Product List Performance

I always have some traffic on Product list called (Not Set), although I have product lists and also have traffic. The problem is that group (Not Set) captures the "Products adds to cart", "Product Checkouts", "Unique Purchases", and "Product Revenue". I need to have the full track of the customers behaviour. 

Note: I am using enhanced analytics but not using Tag Manager. The customers can add to cart from details view and ALSO from category list view. I tried to add "click action" and passing "list: {list name}  "  when customers add to cart from category but also it is not captured. Actually I don't know form where the "Not Set" List is coming from (Detailed View or Category Page). How to preserve the "list" name in the whole session in case of the following scenarios

1st Scenario 

Customer View Category List -> Click on Specific product -> View product details -> Add to Cart 

2nd Scenario

Customer View Category List  -> Add to Cart 

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Product List (Not Set) problem

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor
Hi,

I have not used EeCommerce myself but I found this article that has couple of solutions for you to try:
https://code.google.com/p/analytics-issues/issues/detail?id=553

Maybe Chrome extension Tag Assistant could help you to pinpoint where the not set comes from. There's a recording option.
Also if you can provide an URL I or someone else here can take a look.
--
To make bad day worse, spend it wishing for the impossible

Antti Nylund, Google Analytics Top Contributor
Did my answer solve your issue? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Otherwise keep on asking.