AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Analytics
4.6K members online now
4.6K members online now
Learn how to set up goals and Ecommerce tracking, verify accuracy of attribution traffic sources, and discuss funnel visualization, Multi-Channel Funnels, the Goal Flow Report, and Enhanced Ecommerce

Guide Me
star_border

Product List Name (not set) problem

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

When I go to:

Conversions > Ecommerce > Product Performance

Then apply a secondary dimension of Product List name, to get an idea of what lists are driving most sales of particular product.

I get some data back, however, very often a large chunk of the sales (~70%) are from a Product List Name of: (not set)

Initially, I thought this might be users that are landing straight on the product page and buying, but it seems like a very high % for it to be that.

Any ideas what else could it be? Could it be a bad tracking integration?

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Product List Name (not set) problem

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor
Hi Sam - yes the users who in some further sessions have no exposures with product lists will have it as (not set).

In any case it would be good to do a complete process on staging if possible to determine if the implementation has or has no issues with attributing a sales to a product list.

Kind regards,
Zorin
Web analyst @ escapestudio.net