Analytics
5.6K members online now
5.6K members online now
Learn how to set up goals and Ecommerce tracking, verify accuracy of attribution traffic sources, and discuss funnel visualization, Multi-Channel Funnels, the Goal Flow Report, and Enhanced Ecommerce

Guide Me
star_border

Product Category Doesn't Report Unless Enhanced Ecommerce Switch is Disabled

SMG Badged Google Partner
Badged Google Partner
# 1
Badged Google Partner

Product Category is no longer reporting properly in GA. It's important we get this data. 

Enhanced ecommerce is enabled on all views, even though the enhanced ecommerce code is not implemented. Product category had been reporting fine until recently. Now, when I disable enhanced ecommerce on the test view, the product category data does appear! Some changes were made to the order confirmation page recently but the product category parameter is still there.

What is the impact of enabling the enhanced ecommerce feature in GA if the code is not in place? Should I just disable it?

Thanks so much for any guidance!!

1 Expert replyverified_user
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author SMG
April 2017

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi,

Enabling enhanced ecommerce in GA admin does not affect data collection, it just switches to enhanced ecommerce reports from classic in the interface.

If you don't have enhanced ecommerce implemented on your site, you are not collecting enhanced ecommerce data so it won't appear in the enhanced ecommerce reports. Classic and enhanced ecommerce are sending the data using different parameters, that is why you see the category details when you disable enhanced ecommerce, basically you switch the interface to classic ecommerce and the classic ecommerce data appears. So yes, you should disable enhanced ecommerce. Hope this makes sense, let me know if you have questions.

Arnold Majlath, Google Analytics Top Contributor
Was my response helpful? If yes, please accept it as solution.
Circle Me On Google+ | Visit me @ Redfly Digital

Badged Google Partner
# 3
Badged Google Partner

Yes - makes perfect sense and thanks so much for your reply. It was just odd how the product category was providing data with the enhanced feature enabled, but then suddenly stopped. Wondering if some change was made that caused this. 

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor

It is possible that there were changes to the UI if you were able to see the classic ecommerce data in the enhanced ecommerce reports and it's not the case anymore.

Arnold Majlath, Google Analytics Top Contributor
Was my response helpful? If yes, please accept it as solution.
Circle Me On Google+ | Visit me @ Redfly Digital

Badged Google Partner
# 5
Badged Google Partner

Many thanks for your assistance!