Analytics
2.8K members online now
2.8K members online now
Learn how to set up goals and Ecommerce tracking, verify accuracy of attribution traffic sources, and discuss funnel visualization, Multi-Channel Funnels, the Goal Flow Report, and Enhanced Ecommerce

Guide Me
star_border

Problem with funnel conversion rate and goals

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I have a question regarding goals in analytics.
I have set 3 goals in my account and have marked them required.
The checkout steps have been split into 3 goals as we have different steps for our targeted country and other countries. But the thanks page is the same.

Goal 1.PNGGoal 1Goal 2.PNGGoal 2Goal 3.PNGGoal 3

The problem is that the funnel conversion rate doesn't match the abandonment rate.
Funnel conversion rate is not always the inverse of abandonment rate according to an article I read online,
but the account in which I have set only 1 goal it matches perfectly there (with the 1st step in the goal marked as not required).
So in this account where I have 3 goals, I created another goal that was a combination of all 3 with the 1st step marked as not required but it still didn't show me the correct data.

Goal 4.PNGGoal 4 (required button is off)

Is there any other way in which I can have a matching data?

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Problem with funnel conversion rate and goals

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor
Hi,

You don't need to add your goal destination page as the last step in the funnel.
Please fix that and we'll check your reports once you have some new data recorded.

Arnold Majlath, Google Analytics Top Contributor
Was my response helpful? If yes, please accept it as solution.
Circle Me On Google+ | Visit me @ Redfly Digital