Analytics
2.5K members online now
2.5K members online now
Learn how to set up goals and Ecommerce tracking, verify accuracy of attribution traffic sources, and discuss funnel visualization, Multi-Channel Funnels, the Goal Flow Report, and Enhanced Ecommerce

Guide Me
star_border

Problem - Goal Conversions tracking not working properly

[ Edited ]
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi,

I'm pretty new with GA and I just settled the Goal Conversions, but I don't know if I did something wrong or maybe the data needs some days to appear correctly (I settled the conversions goals 6 days ago).

They show some conversions (3) in the last 4 days, but it keeps being the same even if in the last two days we had 5 or 6 more complete transactions. Also, I see that from those 3 conversions done in GA, 2 come from the same page (every transaction has a unique transaction ID, the last number), and from Direct. Then probably are done by me while settling the conversion goals...

Captura de pantalla 2016-10-19 a las 10.58.47.png

I settled the conversions goal like this: 

- Our complete transaction pages have always this expression /transactionComplete/ between the domain and the user transaction ID. For example: www.exampleweb.com/transactionComplete/23647 

So I settled the conversion like this:

Captura de pantalla 2016-10-19 a las 11.01.16.png

I'm pretty sure that I'm doing something wrong but I can't figure it out... 

I've checked and the tracking code is well implemented in the /transactionComplete/ page:

Captura de pantalla 2016-10-20 a las 9.27.18.png

I hope that someone of you can help me :/

Thank you very much in advance,

Celia.

1 Expert replyverified_user

Problem - Goal Conversions tracking not working properly

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi,

If you check under Behavior -> Site Content -> All Pages are there more unique pageviews for the transaction complete pages than number of goal completions recorded?

Arnold Majlath, Google Analytics Top Contributor
Was my response helpful? If yes, please accept it as solution.
Circle Me On Google+ | Visit me @ Redfly Digital

Re: Problem - Goal Conversions tracking not working properly

[ Edited ]
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi Arnold,

Thanks a lot for your reply. It shows 5 unique page views, and 4 goals completions (and I think most of them are made by me while setting the goals). 

Captura de pantalla 2016-10-20 a las 14.33.29.png

In Conversion > Goals > Goal's URL:

Captura de pantalla 2016-10-20 a las 14.40.11.png

In sum, we had in the last 5 days around 15 real conversions, so it looks that is not registering them properly. Or it takes some time?

Thank you very much,

Celia.