AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Analytics
1.5K members online now
1.5K members online now
Learn how to set up goals and Ecommerce tracking, verify accuracy of attribution traffic sources, and discuss funnel visualization, Multi-Channel Funnels, the Goal Flow Report, and Enhanced Ecommerce

Guide Me
star_border

Previous pages viewed

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 1
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆

Hi

I was hoping someone could help me with this query I am struggling with. I wasn't sure where the right place for the query was

There are two things I am looking for:

Number of views of a group of pages on the site (e.g. all that fall under /example/) where our homepage, which comes through as just '/', is one of the previous pages viewed? (although not necessarily viewed directly before the /example/ page)?

The second is similar, but how do I view the number of conversions (of a specific goal, e.g. bag purchased) where the homepage (again coming through as '/') is one of the previous steps?

Is anyone able to help me please? I'm out of ideas now!

Thanks any advance

Re: Previous pages viewed

Follower ✭ ✭ ✭
# 2
Follower ✭ ✭ ✭
Hi Pegal,

There are several ways you can view this information.

One way would be to use the Behavior Flow report and build a Sequence based segment, with step 1 being Page matches your home page and step 2 would be page matches the grouping that fall under /example/ (you can specify if you want Step 2 to " is followed by" or "is immediately followed by" Step 1)

In terms of your goal completions, you can use the Conversions>Goals>Reverse Goal Path report to see the pages the user was on prior to completing the goal.

Hope this helps!

-Grant

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
You need to fire virtual pages on the section you want to track, next create a goal funnel

You will get the funnel in the conversion->goal->funnel visualization

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 4
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
Thanks Grant, I will try these today. I did look under the reverse goal path report but I think it only shows back as far as three steps prior to conversion, unless there is something I am missing...? And even then I could only filter step by step (e.g. all previous step 1 matches "/", rather than all previous steps match "/").

Thanks for your help!