AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Analytics
5.8K members online now
5.8K members online now
Learn how to set up goals and Ecommerce tracking, verify accuracy of attribution traffic sources, and discuss funnel visualization, Multi-Channel Funnels, the Goal Flow Report, and Enhanced Ecommerce

Guide Me
star_border

Post-Submission Goal Tracking

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I have a form where a user applies for a program. Right now we have it set where when the application gets submitted it triggers a goal and sends that off to GA. We would like to track the next two steps in our Google Analytics which are, when we accept the application, and the day they actually show up. Is there a way I can do this? My idea so far is to set them up with a User ID that matches our CRM ID, and when CRM gets updated send out something out via Measurement Protocol to let GA know that the status has changed. We were thinking using goals, but with what I've read it seems like this might also have to be a custom dimension? =

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Gregory S
May 2016

Re: Post-Submission Goal Tracking

Follower ✭ ✭ ✭
# 2
Follower ✭ ✭ ✭
Hello,

Yes, to achieve this you need to do it via the Measurement protocol.
Having it via a custom dimension si probably the more elegant solution but it is not necessary.

Just send a fake pageview via the measurement protocol such as yourdomain.com/accepted and have a goal execute when the /accepted page is reached.
And the same process for when the person shows up.

View solution in original post

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Gregory S
May 2016

Follower ✭ ✭ ✭
# 2
Follower ✭ ✭ ✭
Hello,

Yes, to achieve this you need to do it via the Measurement protocol.
Having it via a custom dimension si probably the more elegant solution but it is not necessary.

Just send a fake pageview via the measurement protocol such as yourdomain.com/accepted and have a goal execute when the /accepted page is reached.
And the same process for when the person shows up.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Thanks Mihai, that's sorta what I thought we would have to do. Appreciate the feedback.

Follower ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Follower ✭ ✭ ✭
Great!
Glad you solved it.