1.5K members online now
Learn how to set up goals and Ecommerce tracking, verify accuracy of attribution traffic sources, and discuss funnel visualization, Multi-Channel Funnels, the Goal Flow Report, and Enhanced Ecommerce

Guide Me
star_border

Please need help

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi all

On my website (www.example.com) I have article(ABC). URL of article (ABC) will be circulated on Facebook,Pinterest and Twitter.

Article (ABC) has a banner link and text link to my shop (Shopify),sometimes it will have unique destination and sometimes it may point to different destinations like different products.

My Question is can I measure user journey from Social to my shop ? How many click i am getting in social and breakdown of traffic by each social media?

Traffic on my site clicking on banner /text link and which one they clicked ,was it text link or banner? Does that URL need to break down into two URLs banner /text ?

Please advise (I am very new in web analytics, and have already try Campaign , it only track on my site to social)

Re: Please need help

Explorer ✭ ☆ ☆
# 2
Explorer ✭ ☆ ☆
Hi haroon,
your shop on Spotify is on the same domain of the first website were user land?

Fil

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
No its Shopify (www.shopify.com) different domain .thanks

Top Contributor Alumni
# 4
Top Contributor Alumni
HI
If you are landing users on domainA.com and from there a banner leads them to shopify.com then you should try cross domain tracking (https://developers.google.com/analytics/devguides/collection/analyticsjs/linker) . With this you should be able to track your user journey from origin (social media) to final shop pages and even to purchase.

Regards, Nik
LinkedIn  |   @nikhilparachure | My Blog

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Hi Nik

Thank you , Should i need to set up campaign or events in google analytics once i have cross domain tracking in place and where the cross domain code will go in domain a or shopify . thanks

Explorer ✭ ☆ ☆
# 6
Explorer ✭ ☆ ☆
Hi Nik,
you have just to manage campaign tracking like you do with a single domain.

Fil