AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Analytics
2K members online now
2K members online now
Learn how to set up goals and Ecommerce tracking, verify accuracy of attribution traffic sources, and discuss funnel visualization, Multi-Channel Funnels, the Goal Flow Report, and Enhanced Ecommerce

Guide Me
star_border

Please need help

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi all

On my website (www.example.com) I have article(ABC). URL of article (ABC) will be circulated on Facebook,Pinterest and Twitter.

Article (ABC) has a banner link and text link to my shop (Shopify),sometimes it will have unique destination and sometimes it may point to different destinations like different products.

My Question is can I measure user journey from Social to my shop ? How many click i am getting in social and breakdown of traffic by each social media?

Traffic on my site clicking on banner /text link and which one they clicked ,was it text link or banner? Does that URL need to break down into two URLs banner /text ?

Please advise (I am very new in web analytics, and have already try Campaign , it only track on my site to social)

Re: Please need help

Explorer ✭ ☆ ☆
# 2
Explorer ✭ ☆ ☆
Hi haroon,
your shop on Spotify is on the same domain of the first website were user land?

Fil

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
No its Shopify (www.shopify.com) different domain .thanks

Collaborator ✭ ☆ ☆
# 4
Collaborator ✭ ☆ ☆
HI
If you are landing users on domainA.com and from there a banner leads them to shopify.com then you should try cross domain tracking (https://developers.google.com/analytics/devguides/collection/analyticsjs/linker) . With this you should be able to track your user journey from origin (social media) to final shop pages and even to purchase.

Regards, Nik
LinkedIn  |   @nikhilparachure | My Blog

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Hi Nik

Thank you , Should i need to set up campaign or events in google analytics once i have cross domain tracking in place and where the cross domain code will go in domain a or shopify . thanks

Explorer ✭ ☆ ☆
# 6
Explorer ✭ ☆ ☆
Hi Nik,
you have just to manage campaign tracking like you do with a single domain.

Fil