Analytics
3K members online now
3K members online now
Learn how to set up goals and Ecommerce tracking, verify accuracy of attribution traffic sources, and discuss funnel visualization, Multi-Channel Funnels, the Goal Flow Report, and Enhanced Ecommerce

Guide Me
star_border

Please help!!.. Goals have been disabled why still keep recording data???

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hello 

Please Google, or anyone please help

i have disabled some goals (since obviously they cannot be deleted)

but why is it still recording goals conversion 

and when i wanted to check ALL GOALS it included these disabled goals?

please see screen shots below;

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1M_TDWiMTBHyL54owi-yVwEOui7kbHgG_44Rv-aayiN0/edit?usp=sharing 

how can i avoid this?

can i use calculated metrics? does anyone know how it can be used in the goals drop down choices instead of using all goals?

thank you for your help in advance.

Kind Regards

Krishp.net

1 Expert replyverified_user

Rising Star
# 2
Rising Star

Hi Krish, 

The example you linked to shows that there are no longer any more goals recorded. In analytics you cannot go back and retroactively modify data, you can only filter data and then have data filter only from the moment you've activated said filter. 

That being said if you want to remove any data of other conversions you can create an Advanced Segment that includes only the goal 'completions' of the goals you want to track. 

Joshua, Rising Star
Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi Joshua, thanks for the reply

Yes you are right, there is no data being recorded but why is that from the social overview it looks as if it is still recording data? i cant quite figure it out.  thanks for the advise on the advance segment but i also would like choose all goals and not include those disabled goals, but why is it still recording data, is this an issue in Google analytics on past goals already made? or...? i'm not getting it

thanks

regards

Krish