Analytics
2.3K members online now
2.3K members online now
Learn how to set up goals and Ecommerce tracking, verify accuracy of attribution traffic sources, and discuss funnel visualization, Multi-Channel Funnels, the Goal Flow Report, and Enhanced Ecommerce

Guide Me
star_border

Please Help! We've had no E-commerce data for 2 months and I'm completely at a loss...

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

We have been using GA for almost a year now, and everything had been fine.

We have 2 shops with ekmpowershop, and they have a feature where you enter the tracking details and select to allow e-commerce data to be tracked (I did this months ago).

About a month ago I logged on, and there was no transaction/e-commerce data since about the 12th of September for either shop!

I re-entered the tracking info on ekmpowershop, and checked everything was set up correctly on GA and on ekm. Still no data! We still had visitor data, it was just the e-commerce.

I then contacted EKM support...please see the conversation below!! 

"Many thanks for your recent query.

I've now heard back from our 2nd line team regarding the tracking problem. As far as the implementation on the site is concerned everything appears to be setup and working correctly. The tracking script from the google tools feature is being inserted properly, and the cross domain tracking from the site to the checkout page is also working correctly, with the proper cookie values being passed from one to another. 

You may need to speak to Google directly about this problem for further information. Our technical team have raised the possibility that there are some outdated urls in your Google account that may need to be updated. For reference the correct format should be https://4.trusted-secure.com/at/www.mah-shop.co.uk/index.asp?function=CHECKOUT so any that show as starting with ekmsecure.co.uk or ekmsecure.com would need to be updated. Please accept our apologies that there is nothing further we can do at this stage."

I replied

"You mentioned outdated urls in our Google account. Sorry I don't understand where these are, or where I can alter them. Please could you explain further?
Many thanks."

And received the following response

"From what I can gather they are typically used for things like goal conversion tracking, under the circumstances it may be best to ask Google if they can identify a specific problem that is preventing the analytics tracking from working correctly."

Many thanks for any help in advance. And please give it to me in basic terms, I have been learning as I've been going! Thank you

1 Expert replyverified_user

Please Help! We've had no E-commerce data for 2 months and I'm completely at a loss...

Rising Star
# 2
Rising Star

Hey Gem, 

#1 Unfortunately if the data was not recorded and sent to your Analytics account the data is lost. Unless, you have a way to export this data from your e-commerce platform and in that case there is a way to import data into Analytics from an 'offline source'. See the following article for more information: https://support.google.com/analytics/answer/3191589?hl=en 

#2 The first step I would do is check to see if your Google Analytics code snippet is the most up-to-date version. 

#3 Go to Admin in Analytics then navigate to the 'View' section of the admin panel and click on 'Ecommerce set-up' and make sure you've enabled Ecommerce and its settings are properly setup. 

Let me know if this solves your problem! 

- Josh

Joshua, Rising Star
Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi Josh

Thank you for your reply.

I know that I can't get the missing data for the last two months. I can cope with that Smiley Happy

I got re-entered the code just in case it had changed - didn't make a difference.

I just need to get it up and running again! I'm not sure why it just suddenly stopped.

Everything in the admin section of analytics is the same as before when it was working. I even turned it off and set it up again just in case.

I have absolutely no idea what to do!

Gemma

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Gem83
November 2016

[ Edited ]
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

It turns out that EKM had altered the shops hostname?

I have a filter on so we only get data from valid hostnames. I got rid of this and the e-commerce data started to track again.

I looked for differences in the data and noticed the hostname was different to what it was previously for the EKM transactions.

Altered my filter and hey presto!

Just teaches me a lesson to always keep an analytics view that has no filters.

Smiley Happy

Rising Star
# 5
Rising Star

Hey Gemma, 

Happy to hear you managed to fix your issue. As an important best practice I ALWAYS recommend that people leave an 'All Data' view unmolested since once the data is process by analytics it can never be retroactively unfiltered or modified. 

- Josh

Joshua, Rising Star
Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’