Analytics
5.9K members online now
5.9K members online now
Learn how to set up goals and Ecommerce tracking, verify accuracy of attribution traffic sources, and discuss funnel visualization, Multi-Channel Funnels, the Goal Flow Report, and Enhanced Ecommerce

Guide Me
star_border

PhoneCall conversion in Google Analytics

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi,

I am using the service provider ResponseTap, I want to connect the unique calls to my Google Analytics. Unfortunately I am getting only the total number of calls instead of unique calls. 

When I inquired my service provider, he told it cannot be done. 

Can I configure my unique calls to Google Analytics? I think it can be done through event tracking

Will changing my session period give me accurate unique calls?

Currently i have the key, that is the page and the total calls in my google analytics, could I atleast upload manually??

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: PhoneCall conversion in Google Analytics

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor
Hi Angelina,

an idea - if ResponseTap can provide you with a unique ID for each caller you may just have a row count of all these unique entries. This unique ID can be passed to GA as event label or even custom dimension.

Kind regards,
Zorin
Web analyst @ escapestudio.net

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Hi Zorin,
Thank you for the response, I inquired ResponseTap & they informed it is not possible to be completed.
Can I upload manually to Google Analytics? If so, please guide me

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor
Hi,

you could use measurement protocol to add this data yet the call tracking service would in that case need to provide the client id of the person that did the call - if no cid is available then these call cannot be tied to users / sessions so you would not be able to atttribute sales to GA dimensions.

Kind regards,
Zori
Web analyst @ escapestudio.net