AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Analytics
4.5K members online now
4.5K members online now
Learn how to set up goals and Ecommerce tracking, verify accuracy of attribution traffic sources, and discuss funnel visualization, Multi-Channel Funnels, the Goal Flow Report, and Enhanced Ecommerce

Guide Me
star_border

Partial ecommerce data lost - Universal GA

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi,

I am facing partial data lost in my ecommerce tracking with Universal Analytics. For instance, 1 purchase out of 10 is not tracked on a daily basis. But, I assume, if it properly tracks other 9 purchases the snippet should be fine.

Do you have an idea why is this happening and how to fix it? Because of this lost my data is quite unreliable.

Thanks much for your help.

Ale

1 Expert replyverified_user

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi Ale,

It can happen that the user closes the success page before the transaction tracking code is fired, the user is using the Google Analytics Opt-out Browser Add-on or they have javascript disabled. There can also be communication issues between the site and the GA servers. I'd say around 5% of missing transactions in GA is acceptable. Hope this helps.

Arnold Majlath, Google Analytics Top Contributor
Was my response helpful? If yes, please accept it as solution.
Circle Me On Google+ | Visit me @ Redfly Digital

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi Arnold,

thank you so much for your swift reply, totally get it. Do you maybe know if there is any workaround to at least reduce data lost? Maybe cookies or something similar?

Thanks again

Ale

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor

Hi,

If the user has the opt-out addon or they have javascript disabled, unfortunately there is nothing you can do. You may want to move the e-commerce code to the top of the receipt page to make sure it it fired immediately as the page loads. Let me know if you have more questions.

Arnold Majlath, Google Analytics Top Contributor
Was my response helpful? If yes, please accept it as solution.
Circle Me On Google+ | Visit me @ Redfly Digital