AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Analytics
4K members online now
4K members online now
Learn how to set up goals and Ecommerce tracking, verify accuracy of attribution traffic sources, and discuss funnel visualization, Multi-Channel Funnels, the Goal Flow Report, and Enhanced Ecommerce

Guide Me
star_border

Pageviews in zero?!

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi,

I'm relatively new to this. I used to use GA when it was a lot simpler, and pageviews were still "visits" Smiley Happy

I have a new website, and need to reach 3000 "true" pageviews per month. I've noticed I've been getting SPAM referrals, and I know they kind of mess with the results... I'm not really sure how to get rid of it?!

Screen Shot 2016-02-06 at 05.25.16.png

Also... for several days, I have ZERO pageviews... I know I do not own a massive website, but seriously I did not have ZERO pageviews... Wordpress stats show an average of 50 visits per day, how can it be zeroed on GA? Smiley Sad

Screen Shot 2016-02-06 at 05.27.25.png

Help will be much appreciated...

Btw, the website link is travellingwithtania.com

Thank you!

Re: Pageviews in zero?!

Follower ✭ ✭ ✭
# 2
Follower ✭ ✭ ✭

@Travelling W

Hi,

you need to use https://goo.gl/b6NyCc because SPAM bots attack your site. If you use Loganix set up, you don't see (99%) bots in your Analytics.

But remember thats for only data in analytics.

If you want to do away with bots from your website, you need to this in htaccess.

SH

Participant ✭ ✭ ☆
# 3
Participant ✭ ✭ ☆

It seems that you don't have Google Analytics tracking code on your website.

At first install tracking code, and then configure host filter to protect your data from SPAM.

You can read how to do this in this thread:

https://www.en.advertisercommunity.com/t5/Referral-Spam-Traffic/How-to-create-an-Analytics-filter-fo...

tag-assistant.png

Follower ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Follower ✭ ✭ ✭

@Tomasz_C

good clue - I think is complicated.

But if He doesn't have code GA on website -> doesn't have data in Analytics.

Maybe He is talking about other site?

Have a nice day, SH

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi @Tomasz_C, thanks for your reply!

Turns out I had two indicators on the website, travellingwithtania.com AND travellingwithtania.tumblr.com (the old link...). So, thanks for noticing that, I have now fixed it and it's fully pointing to travellingwithtania.com now. As the views have increased, I think it should be correct now!

Screen Shot 2016-02-07 at 11.00.48.png