AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Analytics
2.5K members online now
2.5K members online now
Learn how to set up goals and Ecommerce tracking, verify accuracy of attribution traffic sources, and discuss funnel visualization, Multi-Channel Funnels, the Goal Flow Report, and Enhanced Ecommerce

Guide Me
star_border

Pages leading to conversions other than cart

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hello,

I work at a fitness center, and I'm trying to figure out which classes had the most registrations in a given month.I have registrations set as a goal, but when I use Goal URLs or Reverse Goalpath to see what class pages led to the conversion, the 3 previous steps are mostly all shopping cart pages. How do I figure out which classes had the most registrations if I can only see as far back as the cart pages? 

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Pages leading to conversions other than cart

Rising Star
# 2
Rising Star
Hi System A.

Unique thank you pages for class registrations would help; something like /registration/thank-you/name-of-class and you could use the goal completion location. Or if this is truly Ecommerce then use Ecommerce Coding as you can pass each class as a product.

Another method would be to pass a custom dimension that identifies the class. If you have used goal values and look at the content reports, the page value metric will give you a rough idea for which classes were selected the most. The higher values would indicate these pages were viewed more in sessions that had transactions but do not take into account the cost of the class. Lastly if you have access to the new user explorer reports, it will show page titles that individual users viewed in sessions.

Helpful links:
Custom Dimensions
https://support.google.com/analytics/answer/2709828?hl=en

Ecommerce:
https://developers.google.com/analytics/devguides/collection/analyticsjs/ecommerce

Best,

Theo Bennett
Analytics Evangelist at MoreVisibility | Contact Me
Connect on LinkedIn