AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Analytics
1.6K members online now
1.6K members online now
Learn how to set up goals and Ecommerce tracking, verify accuracy of attribution traffic sources, and discuss funnel visualization, Multi-Channel Funnels, the Goal Flow Report, and Enhanced Ecommerce

Guide Me
star_border

PageViews

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hello everyone,

I am working with Google Analytics in last 9 Month, and I wish to ask how much is normal the number of my Pageviews to be if you compare it to the number of Session?

I will send you the screenshot of my google analytics screen to see the numbers, and to tell me if this is normal?

Thankspageviews.jpg

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: PageViews

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor
Hi Toma R,

Without knowing anything about your site, that's a very open-ended question. Each session would generate at least one page view from a user, and if that user visited 10 pages, then you would log 10 pageviews. However, there are other factors you need to consider like how big is your web site? How many pages? If your site had a few pages, then those numbers look about right. What are you concerned about?
Nicky Yuen, Google Analytics Top Contributor
Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here.
Find me on: Google+ | LinkedIn

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Hello Nicky Y, and thank you so much on your answer here.
The things that I concerned is , if this "PageViews" are "normal" to be like that, or they should be double number then Session? Or this number of "PageViews " are actually counting from Users?

You can see my site here, to see how much Pages we have:

http://www.zrenjaninski.com

Thanks

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor
Hi Toma,

I can see you don't have a small site, definitely not around 10 pages or so. Smiley Happy

For the most part, it looks like your code is tracking correctly. The only thing I would change with your tracking code is to be put in the header rather than in the footer. It may make a small difference in terms of the accuracy of tracking pageviews - the lower it is on your page, the greater the chance that the code doesn't load due to other reasons.

Your data looks quite normal, nothing too surprising. It just looks like each session that is generated (and note that sessions does not necessarily equal users as a single user can have multiple sessions, so long as they don't delete their tracking cookie from their browser), a user, on average, views about one page. Of course, that's a very broad estimate and what you need to do is to delve into your reports to do a more in depth analysis.

Does that make a bit of sense?
Nicky Yuen, Google Analytics Top Contributor
Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here.
Find me on: Google+ | LinkedIn