AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Analytics
3.9K members online now
3.9K members online now
Learn how to set up goals and Ecommerce tracking, verify accuracy of attribution traffic sources, and discuss funnel visualization, Multi-Channel Funnels, the Goal Flow Report, and Enhanced Ecommerce

Guide Me
star_border

Page conversion rate

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi,

I have a page with some buttons.

Clicking on these buttons triggers an event with category = 'myGoal' that I've instructed Analytics to consider as a conversion.

Now, let's say that in November these buttons were red, and in December are blue, and I want to see if people convert more with blue or red buttons: how can I do it?

If I go to Acquisition -> Adwords -> Campaigns I can see the conversion rate per campaign, but I need to see it at a page level.

If I go to Beahviour -> Content -> All pages I don't have the opportunity to see the conversion rate for a specific page.

If I go to Behaviour -> Events -> Pages, I only get an absolute number, while instead I'd need n. of events / n. of hits on that page.

So basically I'm doing it manually: i take the amount of unique visits to a page, the amount of unique 'myGoal' events, and divide them, for every single page and site.

Is there a way to automate it?

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Page conversion rate

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor
Hi Simone,

the main issue here is that conversions are session based (goals are session based).

If you know the dates where blue or red buttons existed you would just compare conversion rate and total for one period vs the other.

One dimension which you may find useful is Goal Completion Location - so you will know where the conversion took place on your site.

Kind regards,
Zorin

Web analyst @ escapestudio.net

[ Edited ]
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Thanks Zorin,

the problem with your suggestion is that the conversions happening from the page I'm testing are about 10% of the total conversions - so if I don't have a way to filter by page, there's just too much variability to spot a trend.

The "Goal Completion Location" is like the "Event Pages" (as my goal is reached when a particular event is triggered) - both of them show total counts instead of total counts / number of page visits.

It's a really simple division which is a shame I can't find a way to automate Smiley Sad

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor
Hi Simone,

you could always create 2 separate conversions - goals in terms of sending unique event labels depending on the action a user takes on the site so separately for blue and red. Another way would be to track it with content experiment or even using custom dimensions in a way to add a dimension value based on user interaction with each specific type of interaction (later on usable in segments and custom reports).

Kind regards,
Zorin
Web analyst @ escapestudio.net