Analytics
2.1K members online now
2.1K members online now
Learn how to set up goals and Ecommerce tracking, verify accuracy of attribution traffic sources, and discuss funnel visualization, Multi-Channel Funnels, the Goal Flow Report, and Enhanced Ecommerce

Guide Me
star_border

Organic And Direct Traffic To Destination Page Goal

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I have a basic contact form destination goal set up in GA.

Contact form > Thank you page

The goal event fires when the thank you page loads. My issue is when I add source / medium to the goal URL report it shows Google / Organic and (direct) / (none) traffic sources. This would inflate the goal completion numbers if people are landing direct on the goal destination page (thank you page). Is there any way to prevent this from happening? I have recently added the thank you page to the robots.txt file to prevent organic traffic (hopefully that takes effect soon...), but how do I prevent users from bookmarking the destination page for direct traffic?

Organic And Direct Traffic To Destination Page Goal

Follower ✭ ✭ ✭
# 2
Follower ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi @Ryan D

The people are not directly landing on the Thank you page, the above means that the journey of that user/ source of the conversion was from Direct or google organic.

For eg: I organically visited your site and bought the product so if you see the source/ medium, it will show as 'Google/ Organic' 

Regards