Analytics
2.7K members online now
2.7K members online now
Learn how to set up goals and Ecommerce tracking, verify accuracy of attribution traffic sources, and discuss funnel visualization, Multi-Channel Funnels, the Goal Flow Report, and Enhanced Ecommerce

Guide Me
star_border

Only Direct Revenue is showing in Analytics

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hey Guys,

A client as eCommerce tracking setup but I'm only seeing revenue from direct traffic. I know at least adwords is pulling in revenue because I have the conversion value to dynamically change on the Adwords conversion pixels. I'm thinking its cross domain tracking because the sell is being done on another domain. But I'm not sure why only direct would work and not other referral. 

Do you guys have any idea why?

Thanks

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Only Direct Revenue is showing in Analytics

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor
Hi,

direct channel is a fall-back, in this case meaning Google Analytics could not see any other source of traffic.

Depending on your setup and how you move your user to the other domain defines how to analyze and tackle this problem. So more information is needed.
--
To make bad day worse, spend it wishing for the impossible

Antti Nylund, Google Analytics Top Contributor
Did my answer solve your issue? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Otherwise keep on asking.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Hi Antti

I am having the same problem as Sem, I do not use multiple domains though. All the revenue is pulled into the direct traffic source so it is hard to put a value on the different channels revenue.

We use a cms eCommerce and a eCommerce tracking plugin.

Thanks
Andre

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor
Is your session traffic distributed evenly?

You could apply segment for Direct traffic (if I remember correctly it is system defined) and check the Landing page report under Behavior->Site Content
and check if there is a landing page that seems suspicious, meaning that users should not see that page as a first page.

If nothing is found there you should go through your checkout process and see if user jumps out from your site at any point.
Or if some step is missing a tracking code.

One great tool to easily check if tracking code is functioning properly is Google Tag Assistant (chrome extension)

If nothing the above helps you can always post your URL (if possible) so that me or someone else can take a look.
--

Did my answer solve your issue? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Otherwise keep on asking.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi, I was hoping you can help. 

It seems people on my site (greensbury.com) are falling off on checkout.shopify.com/checkout/contact_information and therefore once they get to the thank you page, it is showing all revenue as Direct. Please help!!

Top Contributor
# 6
Top Contributor

I'm not familiar with the Shopify but I found this from their documentation:

https://help.shopify.com/manual/reports-and-analytics/google-analytics

Can you check it out step by step, does your setup match with the documentation?

Notice that there are multiple pages and some of them obviously not applicable like install Google Analytics.

Ask if you need help with going through it.

--