Analytics
2.4K members online now
2.4K members online now
Learn how to set up goals and Ecommerce tracking, verify accuracy of attribution traffic sources, and discuss funnel visualization, Multi-Channel Funnels, the Goal Flow Report, and Enhanced Ecommerce

Guide Me
star_border

Nothing happens when I try to set up goals

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I am new to Goal setting in Google Analytics. I attempted to set "custom" goals. I selected New Goal from the menu, Custom from the list, clicked Continue and nothing happened. At all. I tried using a template and again nothing. Not sure if I need to activate another function first or ?.

What I want to do is very simple. I want to track a destination URL (the one for Request Proposal). This seems pretty straightforward to me but then again, Google is sort of anything BUT that in my experience. Advice? Is there something I need to do first?

EV

Re: Nothing happens when I try to set up goals

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 2
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Is it possible to see the URL & the way you setup the goal?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I've got the same problem. I have an Etsy.com shop but when the goal template appears, all options are enclosed within a grey box and no items within it are able to be selected (including creating a custom template). Analytics is working for everything else so I'm also wondering if there's something I've missed doing (set up a few years ago so I can't remember what I did, sorry). Or I'm wondering if something has changed and sub urls are no longer supported (www.etsy.com/shop/shopname). I've looked on the etsy forums and it seems others have had success in the past with creating goals and selecting the goal template.

Appreciate any help, many thanks :-)

A T
Participant ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
A T
Participant ✭ ✭ ✭
Hi,

Strange issue.

You can try clearing your cache and restarting the browser.

Try with IE / FF.

Best Regards,
GA Guru.

'Star' or 'Accept as Solution' if it helped.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Thanks! It worked in Mozilla Firefox (FF) which I hadn't used before however, despite clearing my cache in IE it still didn't work just as an FYI.