AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Analytics
3K members online now
3K members online now
Learn how to set up goals and Ecommerce tracking, verify accuracy of attribution traffic sources, and discuss funnel visualization, Multi-Channel Funnels, the Goal Flow Report, and Enhanced Ecommerce

Guide Me
star_border

Not able to add a goal in Analytics because it is grayed out

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I am not able to create a goal in Google Analytics. I can go to Goals, and click on the red button that says Add New Goal, but when it opens up and I try to make a choice by clicking on radio button, it is grayed out when I hover over it. It is my account, and I have all permissions. Does anyone know what the problem might be?

Thanks

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Not able to add a goal in Analytics because it is grayed out

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor
Hi,

I have Template radio button pre selected. Are you seeing this selection but it is greyed out. And you cannot press blue Continue button?

This cannot be user access issue, like you said you have all the permissions. I can only suggest the generic solutions:
Clearing the browser cache/cookies (maybe try another browser since emptying all is nuisance).
Waiting 1-2 days.
--
To make bad day worse, spend it wishing for the impossible

Antti Nylund, Google Analytics Top Contributor
Did my answer solve your issue? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Otherwise keep on asking.