AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Analytics
2K members online now
2K members online now
Learn how to set up goals and Ecommerce tracking, verify accuracy of attribution traffic sources, and discuss funnel visualization, Multi-Channel Funnels, the Goal Flow Report, and Enhanced Ecommerce

Guide Me
star_border

No valid tracking code found for property .

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

em, how do i explain?

Since 5th January 2016 my Google analytic has not been tracking. total zero.

it came up with the notification - No valid tracking code found for property xx default URL xx Make sure your pages are tagged with a supported version of the tracking code

How did this happen?

Originally a year or so ago i set up the tracking code in the code somewhere and i have forgetton how i did that now....so today, i downloaded the google analytics by yoast  plugin and when I activated it - it had my UA already in it. so that is good.

But - this notification is still coming up - Missing Tracking Code

Page www.joanwalsh.ie/ for property Joan Walsh Website is missing valid tracking code.

??

Please advise.
and could anyone point to where I may have originally placed the tracking code in the editor in my wp dashboard cos i can't remember where that would be and i have been searching for the original youtube video that i would have used to do it and i can't find it. I need to find it to check it.

Plus i think I may have tried to verify something back in early January and it wouldnt verify for me...did this cause it. to be honest i can't remember the details.

thank you, joan

p.s i do not know if i am posting this in the right location (select a location)

1 Expert replyverified_user
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Joan W
January 2016

Re: No valid tracking code found for property .

[ Edited ]
Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor

Hi Joan :-)
The tracking script is installed fine with the plugin

I just checked again and it still gives me "Missing Tracking Code
Page www.joanwalsh.ie/ for property Joan Walsh Website is missing valid tracking code."

If you click on it. there should be an option/link just below the msg to Dismiss it.
Click it and dismiss it..it is a false error and can be ignored.
Because you are using this plugin, the analytics system doesnt see the installed tracking code.
It is a hiccup with the analytics checking system so can be ignored.

Bronwyn Vourtis, Google Analytics Top Contributor
Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here

View solution in original post

[ Edited ]
Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

The tracking for Property UA-xxxxxx-1 is on your website.

Its being added via the yoast analytics plugin from what i can tell.

Reason the tracking code is not being seen the tracking code is because the plugin changes some of the code in the tracking code snippet
- it does this to follow best practices and not cause conflicts..so the plugin is correct to do this.

Just mark the notification as resolved and dismiss it.. or choose to ignore it
it is a false notification

Regarding verifying ownership of your website, you may have to use a different method such as the metatag option or similar
as the verification looks for the standard tracking code snippet and the plugin doesnt use the standard default snippet, so it
may not see it for site ownership verification purposes.

Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
I don't if I fully understand you yet, but thank you for your reply Bronwyn.

Yes I added google analytics by yoast today to see if that would solve the problem.

Here is a screen shot of http://snag.gy/k9vKj.jpg showing the tracking had stopped since 5th Jan '16.

I had originally put my full tracking code in the php templates somewhere, a year and a half ago, but when i went looking today i could not locate it. and then I went ahead and added google ana by yoast and set that up.

Page www.joanwalsh.ie/ for property Joan Walsh Website is missing valid tracking code."
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Joan W
January 2016

[ Edited ]
Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor

The tracking script is installed fine with the plugin

If you click on it. there should be an option/link just below the msg to Dismiss it.
Click it and dismiss it..it is a false error and can be ignored.
Because you are using this plugin, the analytics system doesnt see the installed tracking code.
It is a hiccup with the analytics checking system so can be ignored.

[ Edited ]
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Thank you Bronwyn. It's back on track on - it is tracking my website again since yesterday. However the missing tracking button was there again this morning, i clicked 'check again'. but I will click 'ignore' if it comes up again. Pity i lost all the tracking from the 5th Jan until yesterday. Could I ask you a favour - could you edit out / delete my UA code in your first reply. Thanks so much. Joan

p.s i will look into the verification that you mentioned in your reply. i am sure i did do that ages back, but i know i was doing something else with verification and that's when something went funny...oh i can't remember Smiley Happy thank you.

Top Contributor
# 6
Top Contributor
You're welcome Joan, happy to help :-)
and "done" re the edit in prior post

Thanks
Bronwyn :-)