Analytics
2.5K members online now
2.5K members online now
Learn how to set up goals and Ecommerce tracking, verify accuracy of attribution traffic sources, and discuss funnel visualization, Multi-Channel Funnels, the Goal Flow Report, and Enhanced Ecommerce

Guide Me
star_border

No revenue associated with an order

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Every week Google Analytics shows valid order numbers with  $0 as the revenue.  If I look these orders up in my Order Management system, I see valid orders with revenue.  Why doesn't Google Analytics report this revenue? 

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: No revenue associated with an order

Rising Star
# 2
Rising Star
Hi CTA,

Do you get revenue on any of your transactions?

GA pulls whatever information in the transaction array and uses this as the value of the transaction. If the data is not being properly passed in the code, then it can lead to problems. In other words, garbage in/garbage out.

Best,

Theo Bennett
Analytics Evangelist at MoreVisibility | Contact Me
Connect on LinkedIn

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Yes. For example, this week I saw approximately 20 orders with $00.00 as revenue amounting to about $3200 when I looked them up in our order management system. Google reported approximately $175K in sales and 1560 orders and just these 20 did not have revenue associated with them. Though they did have transaction IDs associated with them.

Rising Star
# 4
Rising Star
Hi CTA,

So there are a couple of possibilities that jump to mind.

1. Could be that the GATC was malformed on these (no revenue passed or an unexpected character used - like an apostrophe).

2. These orders were cancelled? or refunded and someone has programmatically adjusted the amount. (If this happens on different days you could see it by drilling into the transaction and widening your date range and you may see two spikes on your timeline).

The former is usually the culprit so look for a pattern in the data. You could always use the measurement protocol to make corrections but this needs to be done as close as possible to the day of the occurrence to keep the data understandable.

Best,

Theo Bennett
Analytics Evangelist at MoreVisibility | Contact Me
Connect on LinkedIn