Analytics
4.5K members online now
4.5K members online now
Learn how to set up goals and Ecommerce tracking, verify accuracy of attribution traffic sources, and discuss funnel visualization, Multi-Channel Funnels, the Goal Flow Report, and Enhanced Ecommerce

Guide Me
star_border

No "New Goal" button in the Goals tab

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi,

I have an eCommerce site. I'd like to create a new goal. For some reason, I don't see a New Goal button in the Goals page. 

Why is that?

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: No "New Goal" button in the Goals tab

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor
Hi,

Please check if you have edit permissions for your view where you want to create the goal.

Arnold Majlath, Google Analytics Top Contributor
Was my response helpful? If yes, please accept it as solution.
Circle Me On Google+ | Visit me @ Redfly Digital

[ Edited ]
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hello,
I also do not have a New Goal button. In the User Management page it says "You do not have sufficient permissions to modify the users on this account" but I can "remove myself from this account". Where do I go to upgrade permissions so I can add a new goal? As far as I know, I am the administrator.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hello.

I think you need to login with another google account, looks like current one is not the admin, and it hasn't "edit" permissions.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Thanks for your help Alex, but if I login with another google account I will not have access to this current account. What I do not understand is that I can change any of my "personal info & privacy" settings, including the password - does that not mean that I am the administrator with full permissions?

Re: No "New Goal" button in the Goals tab

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 6
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hello.

When you can change your "personal info and privacy" it means that you have access to your personal Google account. But it doesn't mean that this account has admin permission.

Small example here with two screenshots. Screen #1 - is what I see when I DO NOT have admin permission.

1.jpg

Screen #2 - is what I see when I have admin permission. I can add other emails, and give them any permission level I want.

2.png

But in both cases I have login/password for both emails and I can edit "personal info and privacy" settings.

Some small advice (hope this helps) - check "change history" button. You can find there what and by whom was changed (and when as well). Probably you'll find the proper email.

Regards, Alex.