AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Analytics
2.6K members online now
2.6K members online now
Learn how to set up goals and Ecommerce tracking, verify accuracy of attribution traffic sources, and discuss funnel visualization, Multi-Channel Funnels, the Goal Flow Report, and Enhanced Ecommerce

Guide Me
star_border

No goals - whats wrong?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi together,

I want to define a goal when a user reaches a page. By looking into the Pages I know that the page is visited, for example: /page.aspx

Now I want to configure a goal via type destination, where goal destination begins with /page.

GA says:

This goal would have a 0.01% conversion rate based on your data from the past 7 days.

But after switching over to the reporting > conversions > overview I don`t see any goals when I choose the right goal.

So whats wrong? Do you have any clue?

Thanks in advance.

Gerhard

1 Expert replyverified_user
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Gerhard K
November 2015

Re: No goals - whats wrong?

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor
Hi Gerhard,

Just a thought, what you could be seeing is that when you verify the goal, it is telling you that if you had this goal setup within the last 7 days, you WOULD have seen a 0.01% conversion rate. It's not saying that within the last 7 days, you HAD a 0.01% conversion rate. So that's why you are not seeing anything in the Conversions report.
Nicky Yuen, Google Analytics Top Contributor
Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here.
Find me on: Google+ | LinkedIn

View solution in original post

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Gerhard K
November 2015

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor
Hi Gerhard,

Just a thought, what you could be seeing is that when you verify the goal, it is telling you that if you had this goal setup within the last 7 days, you WOULD have seen a 0.01% conversion rate. It's not saying that within the last 7 days, you HAD a 0.01% conversion rate. So that's why you are not seeing anything in the Conversions report.
Nicky Yuen, Google Analytics Top Contributor
Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here.
Find me on: Google+ | LinkedIn

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Okay. Sorry, I thought they are working backwards Smiley Wink

Thanks !