AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Analytics
2.7K members online now
2.7K members online now
Learn how to set up goals and Ecommerce tracking, verify accuracy of attribution traffic sources, and discuss funnel visualization, Multi-Channel Funnels, the Goal Flow Report, and Enhanced Ecommerce

Guide Me
star_border

Never had a goal, but have goal data????

Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
# 1
Follower ✭ ✭ ☆

Hi everyone!

I am working on an Analytics account for a client. All they had was page view tracking. So, I've added cross domain tracking for online bookings (3rd party booking engine), set up a goal and funnel reporting. I testing this all out in a test view, then rolled it out to the reporting view.

I then ran a report for the last 6 months - lo and behold there is a patch of goal conversions for 1 month in January 2016. I'd never seen this before, because, well - they had no goals defined prior to today.

I'm stumped since you can't delete goals, and there were none - how did this data get in there?

Re: Never had a goal, but have goal data????

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 2
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
Did you saw the goal earlier too (after creating the goal). If yes then there might be some reasons, your goal isn't appearing in the appropriate tab. Checkout the link: https://support.google.com/analytics/answer/1033158?hl=en

It might help you to resolve your issue. But if it still not resolve your issue, let us know on this forum.

Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
# 3
Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
There was never any goal data in the account, just sessions.

I created the 1st ever goal in the account today. Now when I look at a report (say, Channels) there is goal data, but only for January 2016 - not before or after that.

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 4
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
The goal may not be managed correctly. Have you implemented according to the given link?