Analytics
3.4K members online now
3.4K members online now
Learn how to set up goals and Ecommerce tracking, verify accuracy of attribution traffic sources, and discuss funnel visualization, Multi-Channel Funnels, the Goal Flow Report, and Enhanced Ecommerce

Guide Me
star_border

Never had a goal, but have goal data????

Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
# 1
Follower ✭ ✭ ☆

Hi everyone!

I am working on an Analytics account for a client. All they had was page view tracking. So, I've added cross domain tracking for online bookings (3rd party booking engine), set up a goal and funnel reporting. I testing this all out in a test view, then rolled it out to the reporting view.

I then ran a report for the last 6 months - lo and behold there is a patch of goal conversions for 1 month in January 2016. I'd never seen this before, because, well - they had no goals defined prior to today.

I'm stumped since you can't delete goals, and there were none - how did this data get in there?

Re: Never had a goal, but have goal data????

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 2
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
Did you saw the goal earlier too (after creating the goal). If yes then there might be some reasons, your goal isn't appearing in the appropriate tab. Checkout the link: https://support.google.com/analytics/answer/1033158?hl=en

It might help you to resolve your issue. But if it still not resolve your issue, let us know on this forum.

Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
# 3
Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
There was never any goal data in the account, just sessions.

I created the 1st ever goal in the account today. Now when I look at a report (say, Channels) there is goal data, but only for January 2016 - not before or after that.

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 4
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
The goal may not be managed correctly. Have you implemented according to the given link?