AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Analytics
5K members online now
5K members online now
Learn how to set up goals and Ecommerce tracking, verify accuracy of attribution traffic sources, and discuss funnel visualization, Multi-Channel Funnels, the Goal Flow Report, and Enhanced Ecommerce

Guide Me
star_border

Need help setting up Search Console to Landing pages..

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hey Google,

I am helping to start up the google analytics to my companies website. I need help and a little bit more understanding on how to create a "tracking object" and knowing how to install the tracking object along with the search console to the landing pages of my companies website. 

I have the search console URL tracking number..I mainly need to know how to create a "tracking object" and how to install it onto my landing pages. 

Thank you! 

1 Expert replyverified_user
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Career A
February 2016

Re: Need help setting up Search Console to Landing pages..

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor
Hi :-)

You need to create a google analytics account and then edit the website pages to include the tracking code on all site pages before
the closing </head> tag.
If you create the account, it will create a Property and then you will get a copy of the tracking code that should be used.

The tracking code can then be used to verify site ownership for Google Search Console.

I strongly suggest starting in the help docs, there are links on the right, these will help you find your way around the analytics
interface and with initial setup etc
https://support.google.com/analytics/answer/1008015?hl=en&ref_topic=3544906
Bronwyn Vourtis, Google Analytics Top Contributor
Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here

View solution in original post

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Career A
February 2016

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor
Hi :-)

You need to create a google analytics account and then edit the website pages to include the tracking code on all site pages before
the closing </head> tag.
If you create the account, it will create a Property and then you will get a copy of the tracking code that should be used.

The tracking code can then be used to verify site ownership for Google Search Console.

I strongly suggest starting in the help docs, there are links on the right, these will help you find your way around the analytics
interface and with initial setup etc
https://support.google.com/analytics/answer/1008015?hl=en&ref_topic=3544906
Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Thank you!

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor
You're welcome :-)