Analytics
1.9K members online now
1.9K members online now
Learn how to set up goals and Ecommerce tracking, verify accuracy of attribution traffic sources, and discuss funnel visualization, Multi-Channel Funnels, the Goal Flow Report, and Enhanced Ecommerce

Guide Me
star_border

Need help setting up Search Console to Landing pages..

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hey Google,

I am helping to start up the google analytics to my companies website. I need help and a little bit more understanding on how to create a "tracking object" and knowing how to install the tracking object along with the search console to the landing pages of my companies website. 

I have the search console URL tracking number..I mainly need to know how to create a "tracking object" and how to install it onto my landing pages. 

Thank you! 

1 Expert replyverified_user
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Career A
February 2016

Re: Need help setting up Search Console to Landing pages..

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor
Hi :-)

You need to create a google analytics account and then edit the website pages to include the tracking code on all site pages before
the closing </head> tag.
If you create the account, it will create a Property and then you will get a copy of the tracking code that should be used.

The tracking code can then be used to verify site ownership for Google Search Console.

I strongly suggest starting in the help docs, there are links on the right, these will help you find your way around the analytics
interface and with initial setup etc
https://support.google.com/analytics/answer/1008015?hl=en&ref_topic=3544906
Bronwyn Vourtis, Google Analytics Top Contributor
Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Thank you!

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor
You're welcome :-)
Bronwyn Vourtis, Google Analytics Top Contributor
Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here