Analytics
5K members online now
5K members online now
Learn how to set up goals and Ecommerce tracking, verify accuracy of attribution traffic sources, and discuss funnel visualization, Multi-Channel Funnels, the Goal Flow Report, and Enhanced Ecommerce

Guide Me
star_border

My event goal is not registering in Google Analytics

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hello,

I recently set up an event to track contact form submissions. The category is "Contact Form" and the action is "Contact Submit" (I did not add a label)

I can see there is at least 1 event registering in the Analytics report from the last 7 days, so I know the event tracking is set up and working.

I went to set up this event as a goal:

1. I selected the "submit content" template

2. I named the Goal "Contact Form Submitted" and selected "Event" as the goal type

3. I filled out "Category equals to Contact Form" and "Action equals to Contact Submit" and left the rest blank.

4. I selected "yes" for "Use the Event value as the Goal Value for the conversion"

5. I verified the goal and got a conversion rate greater than 0

Even though I can see data under this Event in Google Analytics, it still comes up as 0 in the Goals section.

Does anybody know why this is? I can't seem to get this goal to register. Thanks in advance.

1 Expert replyverified_user
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Lindsay D
December 2015

Re: My event goal is not registering in Google Analytics

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor
Hi Lindsay,

The goals are not working retroactively so they work only for the data you collect after the goal has been created.
If you've got your goal verified I'm sure that the goal completions will appear soon in your reports.
Hope this helps.

Arnold Majlath, Google Analytics Top Contributor
Was my response helpful? If yes, please accept it as solution.
Circle Me On Google+ | Visit me @ Redfly Digital

View solution in original post

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Lindsay D
December 2015

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor
Hi Lindsay,

The goals are not working retroactively so they work only for the data you collect after the goal has been created.
If you've got your goal verified I'm sure that the goal completions will appear soon in your reports.
Hope this helps.

Arnold Majlath, Google Analytics Top Contributor
Was my response helpful? If yes, please accept it as solution.
Circle Me On Google+ | Visit me @ Redfly Digital

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Thanks Arnold, I have submitted a few tests since setting up the goal and have yet to see them reflected in the Goals report. Perhaps I will wait about 24 hours to see if there's a lag.