Analytics
7.1K members online now
7.1K members online now
Learn how to set up goals and Ecommerce tracking, verify accuracy of attribution traffic sources, and discuss funnel visualization, Multi-Channel Funnels, the Goal Flow Report, and Enhanced Ecommerce

Guide Me
star_border

Multiple parallel urls in a single goal

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Scenario: Site has a single product, but multiple payment gateways and each gateway has a dedicated url on the website which further redirects to the payment gateway page. Question: I need to somehow compare the performance of each payment gateway. I am trying to setup goal wherein 1 of the steps would be the payment gateway page which further redirects to the payment gateway's webpage. I can use regex to capture the data of the all the clicks happening on multiple page. However, I need to capture the traffic forwarding to each of this payment gateway's redirection page in a single goal. Is it possible or should i just go ahead and create goal for each of the payment gateway.

Re: Multiple parallel urls in a single goal

A T
Participant ✭ ✭ ✭
# 2
A T
Participant ✭ ✭ ✭
good reference: https://blog.kissmetrics.com/conversion-funnel-survival-guide/

You can use | pipe character to separate urls or regex in the URL field.

I assume analytics code is setup on payment gateway pages.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Like I mentioned, I've already used pipe to include multiple variations, but it will give me combined traffic and not give me traffic to each of those payment gateways.
I want to compare the traffic from the site going to each of the payment gateway.

Navigation: 1. Enter Amount > 2. Select Payment Method > 3. Redirection Pages (Each payment gateway has its own redirection page. This page is on our site and defines which PG is targeted) > 4. PG > 5. Success page on our site

In the above flow i need to compare traffic going to each pg at step no. 3

A T
Participant ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
A T
Participant ✭ ✭ ✭
Under Goals report,

Goal urls report >> you can add second dimension for previous step.

OR

Look at Reverse Goal Path report.