AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Analytics
1.7K members online now
1.7K members online now
Learn how to set up goals and Ecommerce tracking, verify accuracy of attribution traffic sources, and discuss funnel visualization, Multi-Channel Funnels, the Goal Flow Report, and Enhanced Ecommerce

Guide Me
star_border

Multiple parallel urls in a single goal

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Scenario: Site has a single product, but multiple payment gateways and each gateway has a dedicated url on the website which further redirects to the payment gateway page. Question: I need to somehow compare the performance of each payment gateway. I am trying to setup goal wherein 1 of the steps would be the payment gateway page which further redirects to the payment gateway's webpage. I can use regex to capture the data of the all the clicks happening on multiple page. However, I need to capture the traffic forwarding to each of this payment gateway's redirection page in a single goal. Is it possible or should i just go ahead and create goal for each of the payment gateway.

Re: Multiple parallel urls in a single goal

A T
Participant ✭ ✭ ✭
# 2
A T
Participant ✭ ✭ ✭
good reference: https://blog.kissmetrics.com/conversion-funnel-survival-guide/

You can use | pipe character to separate urls or regex in the URL field.

I assume analytics code is setup on payment gateway pages.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Like I mentioned, I've already used pipe to include multiple variations, but it will give me combined traffic and not give me traffic to each of those payment gateways.
I want to compare the traffic from the site going to each of the payment gateway.

Navigation: 1. Enter Amount > 2. Select Payment Method > 3. Redirection Pages (Each payment gateway has its own redirection page. This page is on our site and defines which PG is targeted) > 4. PG > 5. Success page on our site

In the above flow i need to compare traffic going to each pg at step no. 3

A T
Participant ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
A T
Participant ✭ ✭ ✭
Under Goals report,

Goal urls report >> you can add second dimension for previous step.

OR

Look at Reverse Goal Path report.