AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Analytics
4.2K members online now
4.2K members online now
Learn how to set up goals and Ecommerce tracking, verify accuracy of attribution traffic sources, and discuss funnel visualization, Multi-Channel Funnels, the Goal Flow Report, and Enhanced Ecommerce

Guide Me
star_border

Multi Channel Attribution across two websites?

Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
# 1
Follower ✭ ✭ ☆

Hi Everyone,

I'm currently trying to get my head around multi channel attribution. I'm getting there (slowly!) but I've hit a problem.

We have a desktop version of the website and a mobile version.

We have two separate properties within Google Analytics for these two websites.

When looking at multi channel attribution is there a way to link up these two websites so I can see every step of a customer's journey to conversion.

Thank you for any help!!

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Multi Channel Attribution across two websites?

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor
Hi Laura,

this would be really hard to do. The issue here is not multichannel but cross device tracking. Unfortunately Analytics tools are not quite there yet - combining both cross device and cross channel attribution.

I would in any case track both mobile and desktop versions inside a single GA property so I would have a clear high and low level overview of what is happening both site and business wise.

Kind regards,
Zorin
Web analyst @ escapestudio.net