AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Analytics
4.4K members online now
4.4K members online now
Learn how to set up goals and Ecommerce tracking, verify accuracy of attribution traffic sources, and discuss funnel visualization, Multi-Channel Funnels, the Goal Flow Report, and Enhanced Ecommerce

Guide Me
star_border

More Conversions Reported than Forms Submitted

Explorer ✭ ☆ ☆
# 1
Explorer ✭ ☆ ☆

My GA is reporting more conversions than the actual number of forms submitted.

On average, I'll get 3 to 5 actual forms submitted per day, but my GA is reporting slightly more than double that amount. I've segmented the conversions by hour of day to pair up with the timestamp on the forms to rule out the possibility of counting the same form submission multiple times. (I see conversions during the same hours as the real forms submitted plus conversions in other hours of the day.)

I've also confirmed that I am not counting an incomplete form as a conversion, as my form submit event only fires when the form is actually submitted, not just when my submit button is clicked.

Thoughts as to where these mystery conversions are coming from and/or how do I stop them from being reported if they are not real?

More Conversions Reported than Forms Submitted

Participant ✭ ✭ ✭
# 2
Participant ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi David,

Try to segment out users who have completed this form more than once and use the User Explorer feature in GA to figure out why it happened. Then you'll probably see when and why you're counting form submissions multiple times.

Hope this helps. Let us know how it goes.
Taavi