AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Analytics
4.5K members online now
4.5K members online now
Learn how to set up goals and Ecommerce tracking, verify accuracy of attribution traffic sources, and discuss funnel visualization, Multi-Channel Funnels, the Goal Flow Report, and Enhanced Ecommerce

Guide Me
star_border

Model Comparison Tool Dropdown Menu Numbers Incorrect?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I was analyzing our CPA data and one of my colleagues asked me a question I did not know how to answer.Under the model comparison tool there is a goal drop down menu and to the right of the goal description there is a number.  I always assumed this number was the amount of conversions for each particular conversion on the site. Although upon closer inspection these numbers do not match the actual conversions stated by any attribution model. Does anyone know where these numbers come from?

In the example below I have filtered for a particular source and selected a request a quote as a conversion. In the drop down menu it states 15 I assume conversions but in the actual conversions there is only 10 conversions no matter where you look for the conversion data. Any help on this would be appreciate it. 

Analytics problem.JPG

Re: Model Comparison Tool Dropdown Menu Numbers Incorrect?

Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
# 2
Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
Hello @Windstar_A,

That is odd indeed. Every client I have that, when I use the model comparison table, has the conversion number next to the goal in the drop down equal to the conversions listed below in the table. I can't explain why that is occurring in your case unless something got cut off at the bottom.

Best,

NIck

Re: Model Comparison Tool Dropdown Menu Numbers Incorrect?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Hi Nick,

Nothing got cut off from this screenshot. In some instances the numbers do match in others they don't. Although it seems that most of the time they do not match. Overall it's not important but it bugs me that there are two different numbers for conversions. Anyways thanks for the response.

Victor