Analytics
4.9K members online now
4.9K members online now
Learn how to set up goals and Ecommerce tracking, verify accuracy of attribution traffic sources, and discuss funnel visualization, Multi-Channel Funnels, the Goal Flow Report, and Enhanced Ecommerce

Guide Me
star_border

Mobile Traffic is excluded When Applying Segment

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi,

I have created one segment to filter the spam traffic. When I add this segment to one of my website I found that the traffic coming from mobile devices decreased from a large extent. Traffic without segment is showing 8200 but when I apply segment its showing 450 only. I checked and found that the visits are getting dropped from mobile organic traffic while applying this segment. 

Also I am using a third party mobile website builder, is this happening because of this reason. 

Do I need to include mobile website link separately in the segment.

Please advise.

Thanks,

Bhagyashree

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Mobile Traffic is excluded When Applying Segment

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor
Hi,

could you printscreen the segment setup. Basically if these sessions are included / excluded with the segment then unfortunately the case may be that indeed there is a lot of spam traffic coming to the site or the segment needs to be corrected.

Kind regards,
Zorin
Web analyst @ escapestudio.net

Re: Mobile Traffic is excluded When Applying Segment

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi,

Please check the snapshot and thanks for help.

segment.png

The sites which I have excluded.

floating-share-buttons\.com|get-free-social-traffic\.com|erot\.co|site7\.free-floating-buttons\.com|site3\.floating-share-buttons\.com|site4\.floating-share-buttons\.com|site4\.free-floating-buttons\.com|site10\.free-floating-buttons\.com|site2\.floating-share-buttons\.com|event-tracking\.com|sexyali\.com|Get-Free-Traffic-Now\.com|site2\.free-floating-buttons\.com|site6\.free-floating-buttons\.com|site8\.free-floating-buttons\.com|site9\.free-floating-buttons\.com|chinese-amezon\.com|e-buyeasy\.com|pops\.foundation|qualitymarketzone\.com|traffic2money\.com|sexyali\.com|video--production\.com|videos-for-your-business\.com|erot\.co|11.rwardz\.com|success-seo\.com|macintoshfx\.hyperoffice\.com|data-axle\.infogroup\.com|rankings-analytics\.com|justprofit\.xyz|site\.fliphtml5\.com|printingpeach\.com|nym1\.ib\.adnxs\.com|tpc\.googlesyndication\.com|10\.150\.100\.2|sin1\.g\.adnxs\.com

and Included my website in other filter.

www.example.com|example.com