AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Analytics
4K members online now
4K members online now
Learn how to set up goals and Ecommerce tracking, verify accuracy of attribution traffic sources, and discuss funnel visualization, Multi-Channel Funnels, the Goal Flow Report, and Enhanced Ecommerce

Guide Me
star_border

Missing 'goal previous step-1 & goal previous step-2' in Reverse Goal Path

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Goal Path.pngIn the reverse goal path I would like to know why I am not seeing the 'goal previous step-1 & step-2 links or paths for the 'challenge' thank you page where as for the other thank-you I do see them. I would like to know where the sign-ups are coming from for my challenge thank you page.

Re: Missing 'goal previous step-1 & goal previous step-2' in Reverse Goal Path

A T
Participant ✭ ✭ ✭
# 2
A T
Participant ✭ ✭ ✭
https://www.quora.com/Why-do-I-get-entrances-as-my-previous-goal-step-1-in-Reverse-Goal-Path-in-Goog...

Also in the goal definition you might have kept first page optional in funnel steps.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
According to that answer, it means the person only visited the 'thank you' page without visiting a previous page on the site. This is not possible, the visitor had to have visited another page on my blog first before opting in. Confused?

Whereabouts do I find the goal definition so I can amend, I was unable to find?

Thanks

A T
Participant ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
A T
Participant ✭ ✭ ✭