Analytics
2.7K members online now
2.7K members online now
Learn how to set up goals and Ecommerce tracking, verify accuracy of attribution traffic sources, and discuss funnel visualization, Multi-Channel Funnels, the Goal Flow Report, and Enhanced Ecommerce

Guide Me
star_border

Missing ecommerce Transactions

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi,

I am not able to view the transactions some time from the last week. I tried to debug using Fiddler. In Fiddler, there are GA related URL's for ecommerce data, pageviews to GA from the site. 

But after logging to GA account and not able to find any data in ecommerce. Only pageviews data is being updated. 

Some times I also observed some missing transactions ID's.

Please help to resolve the issues. Thanks in Advance.

Regards,

Sriram

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Missing ecommerce Transactions

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor
Hello,

so transaction data is totally missing and it has been over 2 days?
Have you made any changes to your site or your Google Analytics setup?
Can you see that your thank you page still gets hits?

Normally I would say that 5% error margin is acceptable since you have users that block JavaScript and there are network errors etc. You will never be able to track 100% of your transactions.
--
To make bad day worse, spend it wishing for the impossible

Antti Nylund, Google Analytics Top Contributor
Did my answer solve your issue? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Otherwise keep on asking.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Hi,

Thanks for the reply.

We are migrating from the old GA to new universal GA. Created the GTM, GA and mappings are done in GA and my website (Confirmation.aspx)

In the process, I have tested in test environment for a couple of weeks. Observed 1 transaction is missing. After moving to staging, through Fiddler I am able to view PageViews and Transactions. But the whole data around 10-30 transactions are not seen. I got the confirmation that Ecommerce is ON. Recently only 2 transactions I am able to see.

I am using Fiddler as a debug tool to see the pageviews and transactions.
Using Chrome and Fiddler I am able to view the Pageviews but not transactions for the same product.
Using IE, Firefox and Fiddler, I am able to view the Pageviews and transactions.

Below is the code snippet at Confirmation page.
var gaJsHost = (("https:" == document.location.protocol) ? "https://ssl." : "http://www."); document.write(unescape("%3Cscript src='" + gaJsHost + "google-analytics.com/analytics.js' type='text/javascript'%3E%3C/script%3E")); try{ ga('create','UA-18955376-2','auto'); ga('send', 'event', 'ecommerce', 'purchase', {'nonInteraction': true}); ga('send', 'pageview'); ga('require', 'ecommerce', 'ecommerce.js'); ga('ecommerce:addTransaction' , { 'id' : '12938', 'affiliation' : 'Swear','revenue' : '49.99','shipping' : '11.99','tax' : '0.00' }); ga('ecommerce:addItem', {'id' : '21345', 'name' : 'Long Accent Uniform Top','sku' : 'ABC123','category' : 'Cheer(MasterCatalog)','price' : '49.9900','quantity' : '1'}); ga('ecommerce:send'); } catch(err) {}

<script type="text/javascript">
//<![CDATA[
var gaJsHost = (("https:" == document.location.protocol) ? "https://ssl." : "http://www.");

document.write(unescape("%3Cscript src='" + gaJsHost + "google-analytics.com/analytics.js' type='text/javascript'%3E%3C/script%3E"));

try{

ga('create','UA-123421-2','auto');
ga('send', 'event', 'ecommerce', 'purchase', {'nonInteraction': true});
ga('send', 'pageview');
ga('require', 'ecommerce', 'ecommerce.js');
ga('ecommerce:addTransaction' , {
'id' : '12938', 'affiliation' : 'Sportswear.','revenue' : '49.99','shipping' : '11.99','tax' : '0.00'
});

ga('ecommerce:addItem', {'id' : '12938', 'name' : 'Long Top','sku' : 'CB123','category' : 'CheerTops(MasterCatalog)','price' : '49.9900','quantity' : '1'});
ga('ecommerce:send');
} catch(err) {}
Sys.Application.initialize();
Sys.Application.add_init(function() {
$create(Sys.UI._UpdateProgress, {"associatedUpdatePanelId":"ctl00_UpdatePanel1","displayAfter":0,"dynamicLayout":true}, null, null, $get("ctl00_UpdateProgress1"));
});
$create(Sys.UI._UpdateProgress, {"associatedUpdatePanelId":"ctl00_TopRightNavigation1_updatepanel1","displayAfter":0,"dynamicLayout":false}, null, null, $get("ctl00_TopRightNavigation1_UpdateProgress1"));
});
$create(Sys.UI._UpdateProgress, {"associatedUpdatePanelId":"ctl00_UpdatePanel1","displayAfter":0,"dynamicLayout":true}, null, null, $get("ctl00_ContentPlaceHolder_UpdateProgress1"));
});
$create(AjaxControlToolkit.ModalPopupBehavior, {"BackgroundCssClass":"modalBackground","Drag":true,"PopupControlID":"ctl00_pnlPaymentparent1","PopupDragHandleControlID":"ctl00_pnlPaymentChild1","dynamicServicePath":"/Pages/Confirmation.aspx","id":"mdlPaymentPopup1"}, null, null, $get("ctl00_btnPaymentShowPopup"));
});
//]]>
&lt;/script&gt;

Regards,
Sriram

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor
There is so many moving parts that it is hard to pinpoint any specifics...

Can you install Chrome extension Tag Assistant. There is now possibility to record your session so that you can see from cart to confirmation. Let's see if it would shed some light to this.
--

Did my answer solve your issue? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Otherwise keep on asking.

[ Edited ]
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi,

Only the pageviews are getting recorded every time but not the eCommerce part. Firefox is sending pageviews and ecommerce data to GA which I got the confirmation using the Fiddler Tool.

I did the testing on Test server last week and GA recorded all the transactions(items) and pageviews. But in staging, last week I tried to test the pageviews and transactions showed in Fiddler but not in GA. This week only pageviews but not transactions.

Added the AddOn 'Tag Assistant' in chrome, there is no data related to eCommerce Transactions of GA. Only page views information is present.

FYI... FTA file for reference

https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B0HZtTzE2aIpZDNhalFXUmVNQjQ

Regards,
Sriram

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 6
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Hi,

Please find the below snippet which is showed in Tag assistant.

try{
ga('create','UA-18955376-2','auto');

ga('send', 'event', 'ecommerce', 'purchase', {'nonInteraction': true}); // to stop the exta pageview count
ga('send', 'pageview');

ga('require', 'ecommerce', 'ecommerce.js');
ga('ecommerce:addTransaction' , {'id' : '12949', 'affiliation' : 'Sportswear, L.P.','revenue' : '49.99','shipping' : '21.99','tax' : '0.00'});

Regards,
Sriram

Top Contributor
# 7
Top Contributor
Hi,

in that recording I can see that in some cases it takes a long time even the pageview hit get sent. There might be problems with eCom code execution...

Also I noticed from your earlier post that you have 2 tracking codes overlapping. You need to rename the second tracker like described in here: https://developers.google.com/analytics/devguides/collection/analyticsjs/creating-trackers#working_w...

Can you see any transactions on either GA account?
--

[ Edited ]
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 8
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi Antti,

Thanks for your reply.

Yesterday, I have done around 10-20 transactions. Out of this only 1 transaction got recorded with a single product.

Regarding the tracking of transactions, page views. I have used the same c# code to replace the new Universal Analytics. In test, I got the tracking in Fiddler and the same transactions Id's are showed up. Only the problem appears now in Staging.

Using the same product, Today I have done a couple of transactions in Google, Edge & Firefox. Using the Tag Assistant & Fiddler, I am not able to view the Transactions(items).

Regards,
Sriram

Top Contributor
# 9
Top Contributor
Fix or remove the second tracking code and post back the results. I think it is the main issue here.
--

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 10
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Hi,

Are you talking about the 2 GTM in the recording ??

Thanks,
Sriram